X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striking Out In Provence

Went searching for Pierre Baud's nursery without any luck. Googled gps coordinates 44.267404, 5.039371 which is 10 minutes from where we are staying in the Vaucluse area of Provence, but the location did not resemble a fig nursery in any way . There was no one around to ask directions.
    I was looking forward to snapping some photos and posting them but it looks like that will not be happening.
    Frank Tallahasee 8B
    North Florida Figs

So Sad! Can you call them or ask your concierge?
    Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

Frank, not sure if this is of any help, but here's the contact info I found. The GPS coordinants were a little different.
      This link has a map to the nursery:
      http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools
      coordonnées GPS : 44°15'50.29''N 5°02'06.13''E
      NURSERY BAUD
      910 chemin du Parrot
      Le Palis

84110 VAISON LA ROMAINE

Tél.

: 04 90 36 08 46
      Fax.

: 04 90 28 71 25
      Greg, Maine, zone 5. Wish List: Green Michurinska

Comment

Opps, that link didn't seem to work when I tried it. Here's one to the site that isn't translated:
        http://www.fig-baud.com/presentation.html
        Fingers crossed for you Frank.
        BTW, I noticed on his site that he has a hardy fig named Becane. Does anyone know if this one is in the US or if it goes by any other names?
        Last edited by GregMartin; 06-25-2015, 05:08 PM.
        Greg, Maine, zone 5. Wish List: Green Michurinska

Comment

Greg, thanks.

I was able to map your coordinates. The location is just a road away from the one I went to. Satellite image are consistent with a possible nursey. I will give it another shot soon. I don't believe Baud speaks any English and I don't presume or expect to meet him. A few pictures of his figs would do just fine.
          Frank Tallahasee 8B
          North Florida Figs

Comment

• GregMartin
            GregMartin commented
            Editing a comment
            Great to hear Frank.....I couldn't bear the thought of you being so close and not finding it!

• Taverna78
            Taverna78 commented
            Editing a comment
            If you use google earth you will see it from above and street side. Once you have correct area

Looking forward to your report! By the way, if you happen to see his Sucrette I would like to see at photo of that one.
          Steve
          D-i-c-k-e-r-s-o-n, MD; zone 7a
          WL: Verdolino, Figue Jaune, Nantes Maroc, Lussheim

Comment

I'll look for the Scrette and Becane. Any other requests, let me know.
            Frank Tallahasee 8B
            North Florida Figs

Comment

• rusty hooks
              rusty hooks commented
              Editing a comment
              his catalogue has alot of valuable name synonyms....

I feel sorry for you Frank...having to suffer through all this...and the flight length...(sic)

a very interesting trip....even by google

Good luck on a visit, Frank!

I've been curious as to whether the Col de Dame Blanc there is highly infected with FMV like what we have here.
            My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

• Rafaelissimmo
              Rafaelissimmo commented
              Editing a comment
              Harvey I have Baud's Blanc, will send you a pic

Good luck finding it Frank! You should ask directions, i bet there's not 25 nurseries in Vaison la Romaine. Although i know from experience 1 in every 25 French you'll meet speak english lol.
            Rotterdam / the Netherlands.
            Zone 8B

Comment

Bass says that Baud speaks a little bit of English that went along with Bass speaking a little bit of French, LOL

Comment

Hope you find it and can take some photos. What a pleasant task.
                SoCal, zone 10.
                www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

I use google earth with web site address and tis is it. Drag little yellow man onto street when turn blue for street view.
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                  Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
                  1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
                  2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Frank,

I will take one of each
                    Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

Ciao, Mike - you are lost, LOL I don't see any street view option available here, I think Google hasn't visited the nursery yet!

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Taverna78
                        Taverna78 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ciao Harvey!
                        Goigle earth. If you view my post above you see little yellow man? If you touch and hold yellow man and drag it over the street will turn blue. Then release little man on house street and you now on the street view

• HarveyC
                        HarveyC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ciao Mike!
                        I'm pretty familiar with Google street views. However, the only street view I see in the vicinity there is of road D51 a little north of Baud's place. I suggest we offer our services to Google to drive by! LOL

Originally posted by FMD View Post
                      I'll look for the Scrette and Becane. Any other requests, let me know.
                      Buy me one of each that's hard to find here, ship and I'll PP you!
                      Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

I am the child you did not know you had. You can make up all the years of loneliness by bring home any Rimada style cuttings or sending to me. It will go a long way in healing my broken heart. LOL Joyce

Comment

• GregMartin
                          GregMartin commented
                          Editing a comment
                          HaHa...Frank could suddenly find out that he has quite a few unknown children!

Frank, try to take pictures at this place: PEPINIERES BLANCON 535 Chemin des Ruscats 83210 SOLLIES-PONT,
                        Most of the names that they have are already here.
                        Sas North Austin, TX Zone 8B

Comment

• FMD
                          FMD commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Unfortunately, I have others to consider when planning the itinerary and my voice is the one with the least clout, despite it all. I would love to go to Sollies (I have a Violette de Sollies) but it is a bit far. Driving is brutal. We've put 20000 km on the car in just one week. Perhaps Corumb, it is much closer.

• HarveyC
                          HarveyC commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Wow, that is some crazy driving Frank! I can't imagine doing that much driving, seems almost impossible even for Rafed.

• HarveyC
                          HarveyC commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Frank, I just did some quick math and 20,000 km in one week is an average of 74 miles per hour, 24/7. You must be driving very fast or taking for quick potty breaks! LOL

Oh my lord sas!! Check this out Google EARTH STREET VIEW
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.
                        Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
                        1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
                        2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Fig Jackpot!...
                          Sas North Austin, TX Zone 8B

Comment

Here is a ripe fruit from my Sucrette tree.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Working...
                            X