X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Figs Aye! How about giving this a try!

I'm a fan of baking homemade anything, and follow Chef Michael Simon. Here is his video/recipe for homemade Fig Newtons. He calls them Chewtons since this video is of "THE CHEW" on ABC afternoons. Hope this makes your mouth water as it did mine, except I don't have any figs, let alone extra figs. Hope you enjoy this diversion! Cheerz

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/rec...-michael-symon
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Chauqg Zone 6b North of Pittsburgh

Those look very good. Making some sort of Newton has been my goal since I started growing figs. If the critters don't get all my fruits this year, I should have a good chance of having 'enough'. I would make mine more as layered bar cookies with lots and lots of fig filling however.
    SoCal, zone 10.
    www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

It will be glorious to have that many figs one day. People have been posting great recipes for all sorts of figgy things on the forums -- honey and fig ice cream, fig jam, and now these.

Made a homegrown salad and pizza for dinner. The pizza had caramelized onions, goat cheese, prosciutto, and yes, sliced figs.
      Sarah
      Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

• chauqg
        chauqg commented
        Editing a comment
        That sounds great. ANY LEFTOVERS? 😋

• Sarahkt
        Sarahkt commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, if only the summer heat didn't make shipping pizza inadvisable. Also, we ate it all.

Can send you the recipe if you want. We're going to make it again when the next figs ripen.
    Working...
    X