X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Heirloom Fig ID

I took the kids out to visit the tree today and check on the figs. I asked my mom about the tree and she said that tree has been there probably over 100 years. It was there when the original homestead was built, my mom said its a Brown Turkey. Now I'm curious if you guys would call this a BT or something else.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.
    Randall - Gulf Breeze, FL. zone 8b. Wish list: Anything that "newnandawg" - Mike, ranks as an 8 out 10 or higher.

Celete.
    Or possibly the only other fig that sometimes resembles Celeste, the Southern Brown Turkey, which is not actually a real Brown Turkey fig. The SBT resembles the Celeste but is slightly larger and will regularly produce breba figs. Good Luck.
    Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

Randall that is a wonderful tree and the figs look yummy. Due to the long stem pear shaped small fruit and awesome red interior I'd say Celeste but I ve seen pics of a Southern Brown turkey that looked very close also. Both believed to be the same variety with very small differences. Very nice. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the figs.

Comment

Celeste. Most BT will have the void inside.
        Wish List - Any LSU fig

Comment

It's a Southern Brown Turkey. SBT has the inside coloring of your fig, while
          BT is amber inside.
          Ray in Columbia, SC Zone 8

Comment

Working...
          X