X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caromb Fig Nursery

On our way to Saignon today my wife spied the following sign on the side of the road...

And here is what he carries...
    http://www.pepinieresjabouin-variete...-figuiers.html

Hopefully we can drop by for some photos.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Frank Tallahasee 8B
    North Florida Figs

Wow. She told you about it. Great wife

And I bet he can give you directions to Baud.
    Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

And that's how the term"European Family Figcation" was born. Lucky You Frank. Can't wait for those photos and cuddos and hats off to the Mrs!!!!

Comment

Nice
        Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

What a wife!
          Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Frank
            You must go there. I am so jealous.
            Enjoy every minute my friend
            Coop

Comment

I am excited for you! Looking forward to the report.
              Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

Frank is setting the benchmark for travel while we empty out the figs from his house in Tallahassee.... Thanks for the donations Frank!!!
                Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Before he left he installed 125 HD CCTV Cams and a 25 TB hard drive. Y'all better put them figs back!!!
                  Darkman AKA Charles in Pensacola South of I-10 zone 8b/9a

Comment

• COGardener
                    COGardener commented
                    Editing a comment
                    NP, I'll just kill the switch and dump the memory. Or take the drives from the NVR with me.

That's why we wear Ninja suits and carry EMP weapons with us, as well as dog sedatives.
                  Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

Y'all know he lives near a lake!

Did I mentioned the trained trained EMP resistant Ninga eating snakes? LOL
                    Darkman AKA Charles in Pensacola South of I-10 zone 8b/9a

Comment

Snakes.... Excellent! !!!

though I am a huge fan of snakes and have many for pets over the years. ... they ate delicious also.

making off with figs. ... terabyte drives and snakes... this hyste just keeps getting better! !!
                      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Thanks, Frank, nice find.

I don't have a need to find cold-hardy figs but notice that this nursery claims Blanche de Argenteuil/Blanche de Versailles withstands -25C (-13F). Some of our folks that have been dealing with the polar vortex influences might like that.
                        My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

I know I would love fig that live in cold! I would still cover because last two winter down to -40F with windchill. You wife great to tell you. I wonder if the girls on this forum need to sneak fig past the husband? Lol
                          Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
                          1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
                          2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

A good wife indeed! Enjoy the tour of the nursery...I am sure it will top your list of favorite places.
                            Windham CT zone 6a

Comment

Working...
                            X