X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrovaca fig

COLD WEATHER STIMULATES ONE TO LEARN OF COLD TOLERANT FIGS.SO,I was browsing German fig info and came across cultivar"PETROVACA" said to be from Bosnia and taken to Denmark and "more cold tolerant than BT". Does anyone know if it is present in USA and who might have it?Would like to give it a try myself.
    Z8A NC SANDHILLS

WISH LIST BURGAN UNK, ZAFFIRO,

Yes... the White and Black Petrovaca varieties are available in the US... I got my White from forum member and FB "What the Fig" creator.... Dave S...
    Tony - Zone 6A
    WL- Good Health, a 60 lb Striped Bass, a Boone and Crockett Typical Buck, bushels of ripe Black Madeira figs, bushels of ripe Hachiya and other tasty Diospyros Kaki Persimmons

Comment

Does your Petrovaca possess any good traits ? Or is it simply"another fig".?
      Z8A NC SANDHILLS

WISH LIST BURGAN UNK, ZAFFIRO,

Comment

I haven't tasted any figs from mine yet as I only had 1st leaf cuttings last year and although they made figs, they were too late to ripen... That said, the variety comes from my native land and thus has special meaning to me. I wouldn't put it into the premium fig category such as BM, FP, IB and so on but it is not a commodity fig like Brown Turkey...
        Tony - Zone 6A
        WL- Good Health, a 60 lb Striped Bass, a Boone and Crockett Typical Buck, bushels of ripe Black Madeira figs, bushels of ripe Hachiya and other tasty Diospyros Kaki Persimmons

Comment

Ok. I’m intrigued given ercan’s recent post and seeing photos of petrovaca. Is anyone in the states still growing these?
          Willamette Valley Oregon, zone 8b. WL: zaffiro, rodgrod, campaniere, de la Gloria, thermalito, del sen juame gran, Sangue dolce, Jack Lily, verdolino, Syrian dark, rubado, sodus Sicilian, Burgan, i258, raasti, white triana, petravaca bijela, bordissot verda

Comment

Working...
          X