X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDB ground rooted layer

This was a low limb and I pulled my wood chip mulch over the limb about two months ago. This is from the same tree as the air layer I just potted up a couple of days ago. I also have a thin layer of horse manure under the wood chips and the roots seem to have really spread and it was really simple to pull the roots out when I snipped the limb since the roots weren't in dirt.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Randall - Gulf Breeze, FL. zone 8b. Wish list: Anything that "newnandawg" - Mike, ranks as an 8 out 10 or higher.

That worked out quite well!
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Great job!
      Darkman AKA Charles in Pensacola South of I-10 zone 8b/9a

Comment

Pot that baby up and put it in shad. Nicely done.
        Proudly Serving in the United States Armed Forces, 2009-2017
        Everyone should have a green thumb

Comment

it's in a nice big three gallon nursery pot and in the shade under my mist system to help bring it through the shock. The air layer is now in full sun and didn't suffer any loss of leaves and never wilted. This ground layer did suffer wilt initially. I'm confident it will come out of it just fine.
          Randall - Gulf Breeze, FL. zone 8b. Wish list: Anything that "newnandawg" - Mike, ranks as an 8 out 10 or higher.

Comment

Nice work Randall. Makes you want to do more air layers, I'm sure.
            Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

Looks very nice.
              Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

Great job!
                Brian
                Augusta, GA

Comment

Very healthy looking...really good work!
                  Windham CT zone 6a

Comment

Working...
                  X