X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSU SCOTT'S YELLOW

This my LSU SCOTT'S YELLOW. hopefully true to type, and labeled correctly. 3 yrs old, in large pot.
    Wish List - Any LSU fig

Nice! I hope they are as good as they look.
    Randall - Gulf Breeze, FL. zone 8b. Wish list: Anything that "newnandawg" - Mike, ranks as an 8 out 10 or higher.

Comment

Looks great...
      Tony WV 6b
      https://mountainfigs.net/

Comment

Now i know what i can expect from my scott's yellow.. Thanks for posting.
        Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Danny, what's your source on the Scott's Yellow, you too Jerry, what's yours.
          "gene''
          Zone 9 Houma LA in the bayou land.

Comment

Mine came from mgwillis55 @ ebay 2015, Houma, Louisiana.
            I have several fig plants from him. I am very pleased with the quality of his plants.

Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Gene - I got mine from Charles on erbay, somewhere down there around you I think.

Charles Willis <[email protected]>
              Wish List - Any LSU fig

Comment

First harvest, very sweet, somewhat figgy, very large, KEEPER!!
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
                Wish List - Any LSU fig

Comment

• SmyFigs
                  SmyFigs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Beautiful! And, big too. Nice😊

• veggie_girl
                  veggie_girl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Those look delish!

I've acquired a good amount of the LSU figs, I will look to add a Scott's Yellow in the near future.
                Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Thanks Danny and Jerry, Charles is a stand up guy. I've met him on several occasions and have gotten trees from him. In fact he also grows vegetables and offered me some but at the same time I started having medical issues and did get to take him up on the offer.
                  "gene"
                  Zone 9 Houma LA in the bayou land.

Comment

Danny, very nice looking.
                    newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

As long as it has the taste that makes your eyes roll I'll add it to my wish list...haha. I'll look to add this to my collection maybe I will luck up at LSU fig day.
                      Randall - Gulf Breeze, FL. zone 8b. Wish list: Anything that "newnandawg" - Mike, ranks as an 8 out 10 or higher.

Comment

Hey Danny,here is a pic of my Scott's Yellow.......small to medium fig
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                        Brian
                        Chackbay LA Zone 9A

Comment

• wellingtonbill
                          wellingtonbill commented
                          Editing a comment
                          My Champagne is smaller and more uniform dark gold color than the larger Smith looking LSU Scott’s Yellow. Am I right Brian? I do not view them to be the same fig as reported below. Ummmm?

• CajunB
                          CajunB commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You are correct Bill........

• wellingtonbill
                          wellingtonbill commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you!

Looks amazing. Gotta love the LSU figs.

Comment

Very nice Danny. Could you give a comparison to the LSU gold? Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Brian, what does it taste like?
                            Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

Got to have this one!
                              Darkman AKA Charles in Pensacola South of I-10 zone 8b/9a

Comment

Hey Bob...........very sweet jammy taste with some hint of figgy flavor,definite a must have varity
                                Brian
                                Chackbay LA Zone 9A

Comment

Compared to LSU Gold - the Scott's Yellow is a little bit figgier, but is not as sweet as the Gold. Before Scott's Yellow the Gold was my favorite Yellow fig, now I don't know and won't know for a year or so.
                                  Wish List - Any LSU fig

Comment

• Chrisk
                                    Chrisk commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Thanks for the comparo Danny. My Gold is growing very healthy and strong in a 5 gal nursery pot as per your advise and thanks very very much. I don't think I'll get any fruit this year but it is growing to be one of my favorites. If I find a Scott's yellow this coming weekend at the LSU Field day I'm driving home with it! Another LSU fig nut in the house.

• ofon
                                    ofon commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    I heard that LSU Gold's open eye makes it very susceptible to spoilage when heavy rains happen while ripening.

Did everyone hear Dr. Johnson say that Golden Celeste and LSU Yellow were the same

AND

BOTH are identical, as in the same, to the OFFICIAL LSU released

CHAMPAGNE!

Boy I didn't see that coming.

Comment

Wait, did you say LSU Yellow = LSU Champagne = Golden Celeste?

Wow, this should bring Dan back.
                                    Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Wow

Comment

I heard it myself!
                                        Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Yep the same! I guess technically Champagne is the only correct name now. If your GC or LSU Yellow doesn't look like a verified Champagne then it must be something else.

Please do not shoot the messenger! Before we left yesterday I confirmed it with Dr. Johnson and asked if I could quote him. He said I could. I think that Hershell was the witness to that.

Comment

I heard the part about the Champagne and the Golden Celeste but I did not hear the Scott's Yellow included in that conversation. Just might not have heard it.
                                            Wish List - Any LSU fig

Comment

• Darkman
                                              Darkman commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              He did not say "Scott's" Yellow just LSU Yellow. Although it seems reasonably that Scott's Yellow would also be the same.

He did say that Scott's Black and LSU Black are the same.

He also said there never was a LSU Red!
                                          Working...
                                          X