X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Day in Italy-Di Tre Volte/Dattato

I sure hate feeling like I have to compete with Frank, so here is my last post from Italy. Today we ate a ton of these huge, very tasty brebas here by the Adriatic in Ancona, Italy. This fig gives 3 crops, hence the name.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
    Rafael
    Zone 10b, Miami, FL

No competition there Rafael. But even if it was I would call it a win win wn. Win for you and Frank for having the time of your lives and a win for us for having awesome buds like you two that share their wonderful and private experiences with us. Enjoy your last day in Italy an have a safe trip home! Happy 4th of July.

Comment

• Rafaelissimmo
      Rafaelissimmo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Chris! Happy 4th.

• rusty hooks
      rusty hooks commented
      Editing a comment
      boy isn't this the truth!!....Thanks for the pictures...for all us vicarious travelers

Thanks for sharing Rafael. I enjoy seeing the figs
    Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Glad you like'em Hershell. I'll send you cuttings! :-)
      Rafael
      Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

• Hershell
        Hershell commented
        Editing a comment
        Now I am excited!

We are very lucky to be able to have these experiences, Rafael.
      We drove from Provence to Paris where we will spend the next 4 days before heading home.
      This is a view from our tiny appartment overlooking the Siene from Ile St. Louis. Can you see the Eiffel Tower in the distance? So far nary a fig.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
      Frank Tallahasee 8B
      North Florida Figs

Comment

• Rafaelissimmo
        Rafaelissimmo commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful place Frank. Get home safe.

• Tonycm
        Tonycm commented
        Editing a comment
        Frank, I remember a large Fig tree near the Sacre Coeur Basilica in Paris. I don't recall the exact location but I do remember walking down a set of steps that the cement handrails were made to look like tree branches. The fig tree was at the bottom of those steps in a courtyard. I know it's a long shot but if you're walking around there you may come across it. Happy figging!!

Happy Fourth you guys. Such a beautiful place to be. Love the pictures. Come home safely and remember souveniers for all your children LOL Joyce

Comment

What a treat (for us)......thanks guys!
        Ross B. Santa Rosa Calif zone 9b, wish list: CdD Blanc, Igo, Palmata, Sucrette, Morroco, Galicia Negra

Comment

Enjoy the trip
          Queens, NY. Zone 7B. Restarting my collection.

Comment

This is the fig tree that Tonycm mentioned.
            it is an impressively large fig at Sacre Coeur Basilica in Montmartre, Paris.
            if you’re facing the Basilica from down below, you would not miss it on the right side.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Wow that isa beautiful fig

Comment

I find the bidding on fig trees lately has been so bizzare. Last time this fig tree, the Di tre Volte was on figbid, it sold for over $112. 3 cuttings went for $20. As of today, a Golden Celeste is bidding higher than this one.

Just goes to show you the supply and demand effect on pricing!
                Check out my Fig Channel on YouTube and
                FigBid for the latest Sales!
                Mike - Zone 7, CT

Comment

• Rafaelissimmo
                  Rafaelissimmo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How did your tree sell for? I saw it posted. Was it the dark or light version?
              Working...
              X