X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme generosity

I just wanted to say a special thank you again to a friend and forum member, for not only helping me get started in figs by gifting me my first two. For also continuously helping, supporting and encouraging me in my endeavor to learn about and grow these amazing trees. Yesterday the continued generosity expanded into gifting me a large amount of “extra” rooted cuttings, some of them common and others not so much. I am truly honored and touched by this gesture!!! You know who you are out there.

THANK YOU!!!

There are so many people here that are so generous, giving their time to help everyone without judgment or condescending tones. Donating, gifting and educating…….. A huge thanks to my friend and to everyone!!! Once I sift through them all, and separate the duplicates, I will be gifting some to friends and family (so they can share in my sickness!!!). I will also be either running a raffle or a game of some kind to benefit Wills for his generosity and keep our home… Ourfigs running like clockwork.

Again, a very special thank you to my friend and a thank you to everyone for making Ourfigs our home.

Scott
    Last edited by COGardener; 07-05-2015, 06:48 PM.
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Well said. This is a great community of generous enablers.
    Sarah
    Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

• COGardener
      COGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Sarah.

Wow - anyone want to be my enabler?
    Fig & Blackberry Farmer in Sunol, CA.

Comment

• COGardener
      COGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      We all need one right!!!!!!!!!!!

it is a very good group.
    Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

• COGardener
      COGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      It is a privilege to be a part of it!! Thank you Wills!!!

So many nice and loving people here with generous hearts and kind souls. I start my day every morning checking my cuttings and thinking of all the sweet friends and members who sent them. I am so excited that one day, I too will pass on the legacys I have received. Meanwhile grow babies grow. Joyce

Comment

• Sarahkt
      Sarahkt commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a nice thought, Joyce. I'm a little tickled that one day, I might be in a position to leave someone my figs.

"To my beloved grandson Larry, I leave my collection of 1000+ fig trees, cuttings, and assorted potting materials and esoteric fertilizers. May they prosper under your love and care. No take-backs or trading with your fellow siblings who were less fortunate and got the house, furry pets, and property, but not the figs that rest on the property."

In all seriousness, it's wonderful to leave behind a legacy like that one. My folks have an extensive garden which we all regard as the treasure that it is.

The fig community is a nice group of people. My girlfriend asked me how come someone would give away a tree for free. I just told her that's who we are.

I'm trying to figure out how to go about helping a member of our community as well.
    Proudly Serving in the United States Armed Forces, 2009-2017
    Everyone should have a green thumb

Comment

• Taverna78
      Taverna78 commented
      Editing a comment
      You have helped us all more than we could ever ask for....

It's always nice to help and to be helped.

There is always a way, just do it.
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Over the years I've been an active member of several online communities covering various topics (pipe and cigars, shooting sports, writing, leather crafting, gardening...). The best communities are those with a significant portion of their membership practicing the "pay it forward" philosophy. It's always good to see that predisposition not only present, but publicly appreciated.
      Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

• COGardener
        COGardener commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Bryant, I could not agree more.

Everyone has been so nice and helpful. It has been so much fun reading all of the post and learning from everyone. Not to mention all of the pictures.. I started the season with three varieties and now I'm up to twenty five or so now. I owe alot of thanks to some of the forum members for helping me. I'm hoping that one day I can repay some of the members that has helped me get started.
      Thanks so much..
      Kentucky Zone 6b

Comment

Scott, you are a very generous person yourself. It is people like you that make this a great place.

Thank you for all that you have shared!
        Andy - Zone 6a Lat 39.9º N, Altitude 5390' Westminster CO ⚘ Scion List

Comment

• COGardener
          COGardener commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Andy!

Yup, good bunch of folks here! I feel fortunate that I have gotten so many good varieties for the cost of gas or shipping, or even nothing!
        https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
        SE PA
        Zone 6

Comment

Working...
        X