X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird dream - CdDG

Man, what a vivid dream. I picked my first CdDG and it was huge, about 100 grams. But the skin was sort of reddish and I wondered if I got it mixed up with Coll de Dama Roja, but no, this was from my CdDG tree from Vasile. And I cut it open and the pulp was amber! I had a fig friend over and we were excited to try it but I needed a photo first. I squeezed that poor fig way too much fondling it. The sun was setting and the fruit looked beautiful with the warm sunlight, even though the colors were wrong. I woke up without actually tasting the fruit!!! All I have left is a photo in my head, LOL.
    My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

This is call a 'figment' of the imagination!
    Ian

Really happy with what I have.

Comment

• WillsC
      WillsC commented
      Editing a comment
      Boo

Ha Ha Ha!!! You know your addicted to figs when...
    Randall - Gulf Breeze, FL. zone 8b. Wish list: Anything that "newnandawg" - Mike, ranks as an 8 out 10 or higher.

Comment

• HarveyC
      HarveyC commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I dream about figs often but this one was very vivid. Dang, it started splitting open on me before I got my photo because I was squeezing it so much! LOL

Harvey, I've dreamt a couple of times now that what is being passed around as Texas White Everbearing isn't really TWE. Basically, the original tree died and was quietly replaced with another similar variety. The kicker is in the dream Adriatic JH is what was the original TWE.

Now this isn't completely divorced from reality. Ten years ago, I was given a tour of the nursery from where the original WTE was reportedly propagated and distributed. They told me the original tree died and that was that... or was it? I wonder if my subconscious mind is trying to tell us something.
    Littleton, CO (zone 5b) - In Containers
    N.E. of Austin, TX (zone 8b)- In Ground.

Comment

Working...
    X