X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anna's Bronx White: Good brebas 2 years in a Row. Left Stella gone.

Anna's Bronx white has given me very large, sweet honey style brebas last year and this. Running them in the dehydrator with no heat concentrates those flavors.

The fig in the upper right is a Desert King which was good but not as strongly flavored.

Tonight I was running around the yard pulling whatever was almost ripe off of the plants while the 'tomato' sirens were going off. Just as I was walking through my back door the torrent started. Here's a Stella breba from tonight that didn't have much flavor.

Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Very nice Bob. The ladies look a bit wrinkled but definitely sweet! Anna's Bronx white looks almost like jam. Any clue of the true identity? Maybe a leaf pic please. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Leaf photos will have to wait until the rain stops and daylight returns. It's already dimmer than twilight here.
      Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

be safe....alot of loose electricity your way
        Ross B. Santa Rosa Calif zone 9b, wish list: CdD Blanc, Igo, Palmata, Sucrette, Morroco, Galicia Negra

Comment

Bob,

Are your trees in ground, or in pots? In the greenhouses or outside?

looking good! !! Real good.
          Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Most of my trees are in 7 - 15 gal pots and all are outside. I've been using large plastic dry cleaning bags to protect those near ripe from all the rain we've been having. It's been partially successful. I'll take leaf photos if there's enough light when I get home tonight.

Comment

Thank you for the info, have you ever tried leaving a fig or two in the greenhouse year round? Other than when your ready for wasps.
              Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

My HOA would not alow a greenhouse. I have a grow room I use to extend the season but a 1000 W MH light is no substitute for sunshine.

Comment

As promised...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150711_173646.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	27819

Name:	20150711_173718.jpg
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	27820

Name:	20150711_173801.jpg
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	27821

Name:	20150711_173841.jpg
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	27822

Comment

Bob C,
                    Thanks for sharing the photos and info.

IMO, the Anna's Bronx White looks like an Italian Honey Type (Lattarulla, White Marseilles, Italian Honey etc)
                    Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

Anyone have extra's or cuttings of this plant, either now or fall dormant cuttings?
                      Randall - Gulf Breeze, FL. zone 8b. Wish list: Anything that "newnandawg" - Mike, ranks as an 8 out 10 or higher.

Comment

Working...
                      X