X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Breba

Just wanted to post a few Brebas we've had this year. A few surprises were the Vern's BT and Petite Negra from Portland Nursery. Both were brebas and tasted great. Vern's BT was rich, sweet and a little figgy, we gave it a 7 on a scale of 10. The Petite Negra was berry, sweet and rich, we each gave it a 8, pretty impressive for a Breba. The Negronne Breba from EL reminded us of a great Hardy Chicago, 7-8. Last one was by far the largest at almost 3oz. All my figs are in pots, except for one HC.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.
    Von, Northern VA 7a

Nice, thanks for sharing
    newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Very nice Von. Thanks for sharing. The Verns interior looks very impressive . Almost honey fig like.

Comment

They look great, thanks for the pictures and descriptions.
        Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
        Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

Comment

They do look great. I have gotten a couple brebas off of my VdB/Negronne from EL just in the past couple days and they were also very good. By the way, is Vern's Brown Turkey supposed to be green on the outside??? You knew someone would ask this!
          Steve
          D-i-c-k-e-r-s-o-n, MD; zone 7a
          WL: Verdolino, Figue Jaune, Nantes Maroc, Lussheim

Comment

Steve,

What do you mean my Vern BT is green!?!......LOL, got the plant via a nursery in Portland and am sure it's probably not a Vern BT, so for now, I should call it Vern BT not. But it's a good tasting Breba which was a surprise and so far a keeper.
            Von, Northern VA 7a

Comment

Working...
            X