X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Atreano?

Title says it. Saw a pic of one that can be traced to Belleclare that looks different than mine. No fruit yet, but leaf shape has been very consistent on this plant.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
    SE PA
    Zone 6

I have some pictures of it on f4f under same user name. Let me know if you can't find it and I will take some pictures later
    Queens, NY. Zone 7B. Restarting my collection.

Comment

• Kelby
      Kelby commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you post it here? I no longer have an f4f account.

My Atreanos look very much like the picture you posted Kelby. I got mine from Kerry.
    Greg, Maine, zone 5. Wish List: Green Michurinska

Comment

• Kelby
      Kelby commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Greg!

These are leaves from my Atreano Belleclare.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
    Art
    Western Pa -6a

Comment

• Kelby
      Kelby commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Art, looks similar.

These are mine. The color is off because my outside light was on. Looks right to me.

Comment

• Kelby
      Kelby commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Here is my in-ground Atreano. I haven't tasted figs from this one yet, but I should get 2 this year. I have another Atreano in a SIP but the leaves aren't as consistent. I will have to get pics of that one. The fruit from that one is outstanding.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

• Kelby
      Kelby commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Frank!

Here are the leaves from mine which (according to my source) originates from Belleclare stock. As you said, Kelby, the Atreano leaves are pretty consistent. It seems that all the representations on this thread look very similar.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    Steve
    D-i-c-k-e-r-s-o-n, MD; zone 7a
    WL: Verdolino, Figue Jaune, Nantes Maroc, Lussheim

Comment

• Kelby
      Kelby commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Steve!

Thanks everyone for your input! I feel pretty confident based on leaf shape. Hopefully next year I get some fruit!
    https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
    SE PA
    Zone 6

Comment

My leaves look just yours Kelby. Mine came from Herman.
      Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
      Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

Comment

• Kelby
        Kelby commented
        Editing a comment
        Great, thanks Calvin!

With all the votes in it looks unanimous. My leaves look like everyone else's so we must all be on the same page.
      Good to know! : )
      Wishlist; Green Michurinska, St. Rita
      Tony
      Sarver, PA Zone 6A.

Comment

Question on Atreano-as far as I can tell there are at least 3 versions. The Belleclaire version, sometimes called Atreano Gold, the Rolling River nursery version which I understand is different, and one from Maggie (italiangirl on F4F) which she imported from Italy. I have one of hers (2nd year plant) and an Atreano Gold (rooted this year)-can anyone say if those two are the same? Mine are too young to be sure.
        Ed
        SW PA zone 6a

Comment

• Kelby
          Kelby commented
          Editing a comment
          My understanding, may have some details wrong, is that the Belleclare version came from Hanc Mathies, who got it personally from Italy.

Atreano Gold is from Zaino's, it has been suggested that it came from Belleclare and is the same as regular Atreano. Others think not, I don't know.

The Rolling River version is some other, inferior, fig without a red center.

I know nothing of Maggie's fig, but Atreano is a popular variety in Italy so I'd assume hers is legit.

FYI, My Atreano was from zainos but was just labeled Atreano, no gold. It was purchased early last year if that makes a difference.

Comment

Here are photos of two typical leaves from my Atreano which originated from Maggie (my Atreano Gold was just rooted this year, too soon to expect typical leaves I think). Sorry for the poor photos, they were rushed and it was getting dark. The tree was one of my first 2 to wake up from dormancy this year, and has a nice main crop of figs coming.

Click image for larger version

Name:	atreano leaf 1.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	27662

Click image for larger version

Name:	atreano leaf 2.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	27663
          Ed
          SW PA zone 6a