X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Italian 258

Time to get your check books out fellas.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/churl82/m.ht...p2047675.l2562
    Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

That's a nice group of figs IamKriya has there! IamKriya, do you want to trade for anything
    Greg, Maine, zone 5. Wish List: Green Michurinska

Comment

I just saw his listing yesterday. Same types as his last auction. Not sure how I missed them because I search ebay everyday. The way the tree is shaped I would airlayer it . I'll have my eye on that and another auction someone else listed
      Last edited by sal; 07-10-2015, 01:03 PM.
      Zone 6a Orange County NY

Comment

that is on my most wanted list. Probably to rich for me even if I sell all the plants I have on ebay but I am watching.
        Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana
        Buffalo WV Z6

Comment

Do a three person group buy on it, set two air layers which there's room for.

And now it's affordable...ish
          Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• sal
            sal commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree. I've been thinking how we could set something up like this in the future.

• COGardener
            COGardener commented
            Editing a comment
            Just put it out there. Ask if anyone wants to go in on it, set a maximum that each interested party is willing to pay. Elect a single person to bid which will also most likely be the caretaker of the newly acquired tree. If you win the other parties pay up and wait. Once the air layers are ready to go, send them to their owners.

La La La Guess who you will be bidding against

Comment

Pardon my ignorance by why is this one so special, just a supply/demand thing? Rumored gold insides? Supposedly amazing taste? I always see it on everyone's wish list.
            Queens, NY. Zone 7B. Restarting my collection.

Comment

It's supposed to be a better grower than Black Madeira and almost as tasty.

But it's also supposed to be a late ripener (more than 100 days from Kelby's list) which isn't great for those in colder zones.

Maybe one of these days.
            Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

• fitzski
              fitzski commented
              Editing a comment
              On Kelby's list, those are all in the 100 days or more ripening list.

"100 days or more: Black Madeira, I 258, Preto, Verdal Longue, etc"

Hmmm, now you have me thinking about Scott's offer ...

• Kelby
              Kelby commented
              Editing a comment
              That is per herman2, fyi. I don't have anything that nice!

• GregMartin
              GregMartin commented
              Editing a comment
              We should probably get it to prepare for global warming

From Herman2 on the other site,

Hi Nelson:I think the tree is on the northen limit for planting in ground here in NJ.
            In Canada,I see it getting ripe if one has a Greenhouse to start it earlier,and then in May to grow in a medium bucket ,10 Gallon,and place it outside in full sun (After about 10 days of getting the plant used to outside ,by providing shade,to accomodate).
            Of course care has to be taken to drill holes on bottom side to let the plant grow roots outside pot.
            If the above method is used,the tree will produce ripe fruits ,with no problem.

http://figs4funforum.websitetoolbox....29&postcount=3

http://figs4funforum.websitetoolbox....47&postcount=8

Now it's over $200, too rich for me.

Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

Here is what his other two went for http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw...w=258&_sacat=0

I bet the person who bought the $53 one is feeling pretty good about now.

I wait. At these prices soon the market will be flooded. Some commercial will buy one for TC then there will be thousands for $6.99. Hahaha
              Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Are y'all ready for this $400. a***r wants it real bad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fig-Tree-Ita...item4d34fa2b00
                Last edited by jmaler; 07-11-2015, 11:24 AM.
                Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Edit
                  Last edited by WillsC; 07-12-2015, 07:23 PM. Reason: Scott asked this be removed. Thank you Scott.
                  Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

edit
                    Last edited by WillsC; 07-12-2015, 07:31 PM. Reason: Brian asked that is post be removed. Thank you Brian.

Comment

That's upto them, and I say all the power to them!!

If it's real, score! If not. .. well then that sucks.

I bet they sell out in minutes when they come available.

Perhaps they are trying get more trees into the hands of more people that can't afford those outrageous eBay prices.

Perhaps this is proof that you don't have to rip people off to make a profit and enjoy your hobby.

Comment

never have traded nor purchased from him, so don't know if his figs are true to type.
                        Von, Northern VA 7a

Comment

I plan to come spring when he has inventory again. I'll one or two and go from there. And I'll report how everything went and if they are as indicated as that ability arises.

I've email with him a bit, I may go ahead and ask for proof of type.

Comment

Its all good, I will believe it when I see it. Just wait until more of Mr. Pons trees get into the market place then you will see some craziness.

Comment

That is for sure Brian!!!!!

Comment

well gents too strong for lil fig.

Comment

well, someone wants it way more than I do
                                  Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana
                                  Buffalo WV Z6

Comment

and to think, this one is the raffle prize at the NorCal Figanza next month, and it has figs on it already. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3820.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	27793
                                    Gary USDA 9A
                                    Sebastopol, CA

Comment

• jmaler
                                      jmaler commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      When i win the raffle will they ship to Canyon Lake?

• figgary
                                      figgary commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Sarah, 1 entry per family, no matter how many of you there are
                                      Jerry, if you come to the get together and win, I'll gladly ship it to you.

• Sarahkt
                                      Sarahkt commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Doh! Nefarious plans foiled. *sound of soul being crushed*

Still at $400 with 45 min to go. It ain't over til the snipers weight in.
                                    Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Looks like a snipper got it for $405

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...p2047675.l2565
                                      Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

he might be sorry he set that one up....worst snipe I've seen
                                        Ross B. Santa Rosa Calif zone 9b, wish list: CdD Blanc, Igo, Palmata, Sucrette, Morroco, Galicia Negra

Comment

That was crazy... All that action and we could have had the St Rita for cheap 62.99$.
                                          Zone 6a Orange County NY

Comment

Working...
                                          X