X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSU Field Day Mug shots

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
    Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Good photos of the group. Which fig event is this?
    Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

• Hershell
      Hershell commented
      Editing a comment
      First photo right side is Randall

LSU Fig days
    Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

Good looking "mugs"
      Dave- Waterford, Ct. Zone 6a

Comment

We all wish ours were among them.
        Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

How about some names to go with thoses mugs?
          Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

When you see yourself or someone you know please help introduce everyone.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
            Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

• Darkman
              Darkman commented
              Editing a comment
              Pic3 Dr. Johnson, David Laverge?

• quackmaster
              quackmaster commented
              Editing a comment
              That is me in the 4th pic of this set.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

• GRamaley
              GRamaley commented
              Editing a comment
              Picture one, left of Dr Johnson's hat in the sunglasses... that me...

• Hershell
              Hershell commented
              Editing a comment
              Bobby, you must have had a lot of good figs.

• pukzpukz
              pukzpukz commented
              Editing a comment
              Pic 1 Dr Johnson, Darkman.???and me 3rd to the right Tall yep

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• Darkman
              Darkman commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't worry the secrets will be safe with me as soon as Gene tells me!

• Darkman
              Darkman commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't worry your secrets will be safe as soon as Gene tells me!

• pukzpukz
              pukzpukz commented
              Editing a comment
              Papa Gene and CajunB

When I saw the title I thought you joined a pottery class and made some coffee mugs LOL
            Wish List -

Comment

Hahaha, same here Dave but leave it to Hershell and he will surprise you!

Comment

Ok, third pic on post #1 . The happy couple is Chris and mrs Eleni K taking their coffe before the event! Thanks for capturing those special moments Hershell.

Comment

In the last 2 pictures posted, the one on the left is myself, PawPaw "gene" with silly hat and CajunB in yellow shirt. The picture of the guy in the blue shirt and hat is Dr. Charlie Johnson.

It was the grandest of days and I want to thank not only Dr. Johnson and his helpers, but Andy for allowing us to view his tree. Also thanks to Hershell for giving CajunB and I lessons on grafting. Thanks go out to all who came to make this event such a success. I think Dr. Charlie was a little surprise on the turnout, especially those of you who made the journey from South Carolina, Georgia, Flordia, and Mississippi and where ever else y'all came from .

Praying all a safe return home.
                  "gene"
                  Zone 9 Houma LA in the bayou land.

Comment

It was good meeting you Hershall. I'm in the second photo sitting on the right.
                    Jennings, Southwest Louisiana, Zone 9a

Comment

• Hershell
                      Hershell commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey Winser, thanks for reminding me.

• jerrybrother83
                      jerrybrother83 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's me on the left. Great meeting you all.

And guess who that handsome young man with the dark blue cap on the left of the photo checking the figs out is! Yep my best bud Mr Rainmaker , funny man extraordinaire , Hershell himself!
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Hershell
                      Hershell commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Gee thanks Chris, I thought I would say a few words before I ate that one like ( I hope nobody is watching me).

Ha, sorry Hershell I didn't mean to but As I was browsing through my pics , there you were and I just couldn't fight it! That's why I did not see Mike too much. He was avoiding the paparazzi lense at all cost!

Comment

• Hershell
                      Hershell commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes he was. I couldn't get him eather, you know how sneaky those mods are. It was great that he came to represent them though.

I was there in the heat/humidity just like the others and had a great time. I guess I am just lucky
                    that I didn't make the headlines and photos.

I do want to thank all the members of Ourfigs Forum that attended. It was a great showing by our
                    members for this event.

I would also like to thank CajunB (Brian) for inviting me down to see his orchard on Friday. It was
                    a nice drive down to Thibadaux, LA.

Also, it was exciting to see the Frankenfig (sp) at brackishfiggers (Andys) house. His explanation of
                    how he grafted the many (I believe 37) varieties to the base tree which is Celeste was very informative
                    and will probably entice others to try grafting.

More comments and pics. Some do not participate on this forum but were invited to do so.

http://figs4funforum.websitetoolbox....4821?trail=100
                    Last edited by newnandawg; 07-12-2015, 10:30 AM.
                    newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

• Chrisk
                      Chrisk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It was great meeting you Mike. Somehow I missed you and didn't get a chance to properly say bye but we re only about an hour away so I hope we'll meet again soon !

Chris, same here. I hung around Ryans place for a while and listened to how he grafted
                    the frankenfig and then others arrived and he started over again. That is when I left.
                    It was just to hot for me after all morning at LSU.
                    newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

• Darkman
                      Darkman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It was hot? I didn't notice! Oh yeah I'm sorry but now I remember. The sun fried the top of my brain!

null
                    Last edited by Hershell; 07-15-2015, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I guess Charles is not the only Darkman. Thats me in photo one on the right, bad lighting.
                          Randall - Gulf Breeze, FL. zone 8b. Wish list: Anything that "newnandawg" - Mike, ranks as an 8 out 10 or higher.

Comment

Hmm.. I was at LSU Campus in 1983

Comment

Bumped for Joe

Comment

• pukzpukz
                                pukzpukz commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Thanks Hershel that's great!!!!! Does anyone have pic's at Andy house of the group ???I would like to see names to all the faces P,S Gene where was that Pic taking at of you and Brain or Cajun ???

Here is the one that I have. Can someone help with the names? Charles aka Darkman, Joe aka PukzPukz
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• pukzpukz
                                pukzpukz commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Back row left to right Darkman,Joe aka pukzpukz,Papa Gene,Brain aka CajuinB,Dr.Love aka Brackish ???? who is the last one Front row ???? middle Richie aka fig pig Vivian aka Noss
                            Working...
                            X