X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone!

I'm new to Ourfigs forum and want to say hi. I live near Richmond ,Virginia zone 7b). I have 35 varieties in pots and about 75 in-ground. My eventual goal is to have a fig orchard and sell fig fruits. Right now, my most productive and best tasting ones for production are Conadria and Sal(EL). But my personal favorite is ESPH, a small-sized dark fig that taste like grapes.

Sounds like you have quite a collection Welcome to the Forum , post some pictures if you could I'm sure everyone would love to see some of your figs
    Wish List -

Comment

Welcome, you will love it here
      Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana
      Buffalo WV Z6

Comment

Welcome. :-)
        Don - OH Zone 5b/6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Craven's Craving, Izmir/Iznot, Calderona, Campaniere, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Izbat an Naj, Blava Campenera, Makedonia Dark, Souadi, LSU Jack Lily, Violet Sepor

Comment

Welcome Elizabeth. Watch out for Hershell
          Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

• Darkman
            Darkman commented
            Editing a comment
            Dang Wills you know he's out of town! By the way did he send you a picture of his new fig he got today?

Welcome to the forum Elizabeth!
          Rotterdam / the Netherlands.
          Zone 8B

Comment

Elizabeth, welcome! By the way, what does ESPH stand for? Can you provide any background information on this fig? Do you grow other Mt. Etna figs besides SalsEL and do you find that SalsEL is suprior to them? I am growing SalsEL/Gene, Marseillles vs Black, and Takoma Violet and will probably eventually choose one of these and discard the others. At this point I don't know which I would choose.
            Steve
            D-i-c-k-e-r-s-o-n, MD; zone 7a
            WL: Verdolino, Figue Jaune, Nantes Maroc, Lussheim

Comment

Welcome Elizabeth.
              Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome ,everyone!Steve,all of my Mt. Etna figs,except for Sal, are young . I'm hoping this year, I'll get to taste the figs. Sal(EL), on the other hand, is very vigorous and seems almost everbearing from mid summer to fall,non-stop. ESPH is a variety from Brugmansia-Quebec.I'm not sure what it stands for, but the leaves also look like Mt. Etna type. If you like a cutting, remind me this fall.

Comment

Welcome aboard. You have a lot of figs! I don't have enough room for that many. Sounds like you'll fit in nicely here.
                  Darkman AKA Charles in Pensacola South of I-10 zone 8b/9a

Comment

Welcome!
                    Sarah
                    Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

Welcome....yes by all means post some photos.....
                      Chauqg Zone 6b North of Pittsburgh

Comment

Welcome Elizabeth. Folks in Richmond are sure to be lucky to taste your fresh figs. I think you have an excellent idea there, it is one that should be developed in every major city in every state if you ask me. Locavores should love the idea of exquisite, fresh, pesticide free fruit.
                        Rafael
                        Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

Hello Elizabeth,

Welcome to Our figs forum community.
                          Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

Welcome! Nice to see another Virginian passionate about figs.
                            Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Here's a link that has many frequently asked questions related to figs as well as user account questions.

http://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-ho...erenced-topics

Look forward to the pictures.
                              Last edited by fitzski; 07-12-2015, 07:35 AM.
                              Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

You will have such fun on this forum and learn tons of info and tips for growing. Glad to have you on board. Lots of good people here. Joyce

Comment

Welcome! I hope you get an abundant harvest this and every year. Did anyone tell you we like photos of ripe fruit? An overview of your orchard would be interesting to see, too
                                  Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

Welcome Elizabeth. Sounds like you will be right at home here. I look forward to seeing some pictures.
                                    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Ciao Elizabeth!
                                      Welcome to you new home. You will enjoy Tis site and the people who are part of it.
                                      Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
                                      1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
                                      2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

I guess I'll welcome you to the forum. You've had your formal warning about me so from here on out it will be your fault because I take the blame for nothing. Go ahead and send me one of your favorite trees and we'll call it even. You will find that most members here are great enablers so enjoy yourself and the figs. This is a great place to share our passion so WELCOME TO THE FORUM!
                                        Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

• Taverna78
                                          Taverna78 commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          and his pink horse😂

Thanks again for the warm welcome. Hershell, I'm sure you're a sweetheart, and I will try to send you my favorite varieties over time My goal this year is to take photos and keep a log of my plants. I will try to post as many pictures as I can and contribute to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth View Post
                                          My goal this year is to take photos and keep a log of my plants. I will try to post as many pictures as I can and contribute to the forum.

That was my goal last year as well.....didn't happen lol but was the goal.
                                          Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

Welcome Elizabeth!

Have you had much winter die back of your in ground figs? Are you protecting them in any way?
                                            Ed
                                            SW PA zone 6a

Comment

Elizabeth, are you planning to sell the fruit to grocery stores, restaurants, or farmer's market? I wish there were more people selling figs here!
                                              Sarah
                                              Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

Working...
                                              X