X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best dirt for fig trees

Hi everyone,
    I am new to this forum and hoping to learn a lot here. I just received four fig tree seedlings and would like to know what would be the best soil to plant them in. My husband and I plan on growing them in containers. Right now they are dormant in our fridge. Can I plant them straight from there to pots? Thanks in advancešŸ˜Š

Hello Ivri,

Welcome to Our figs forum community.

Just a few questions.
    Where are you located?
    Are the "fig tree seedlings" dormant plants (rooted) or are they cuttings (no roots)?

If they are cuttings they will need to be rooted. If they are dormant plants they should be planted in a well aerated potting mix and your location may dictate the mix ingredients. An Index of frequently referenced Topic is a sticky located at the top of the forum home page, http://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-ho...erenced-topics and has some answers on rooting cuttings and choices of potting mix. Good Luck.
    Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Pete,
      I apologize for not replying sooner, but we just had a baby and are just getting back into some sort of routinešŸ˜Š. To answer your questions, we are in zone 6 and the fig tree seedlings are cuttings someone gave my husband at work. He had them in the downstairs fridge for about two weeks. We are in zone 6 with ice storms from February to March.
      I followed the link you gave and I now have some cuttings beginning to take root in paper cups. There is a lot of good information on this forum.
      Thanks for your help,
      Ivri

Comment

Working...
      X