X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea what it is?

I have my pots in my flower bed 1/4 way sunk in mulch. I was moving some things around yesterday and seen white milky/fuzzy stuff under some pots. No like mold tho. The seen some little yellow looking mushy spores by one pot and kinda stirred up with stick and moved it to the top of mulch. Came out Tis morning and it had turn into Tis. I assume is type of fungal but could Tis be causing my issues with sick looking trees? Will forbid 4F kill Tis stuff too or I need to spray fungaside into mulch and remove trees?
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Mike that looks like slime mold. Google it.

"gene" Getting Rid of Slime Mold

There is no doubt that slime mold is unattractive. Anything that closely resembles vomit in the garden is an uncomfortable sight. However, since slime molds in garden mulch or other areas are not harmful, removal is not necessary. For this reason, slime mold control with chemicals is more trouble than it is worth. Few chemicals can permanently kill the organism and toxic applications may even be detrimental to other life around the mold.
    Slime molds thrive where conditions are moist, so the easiest way to remove it is to let the area dry out. Rake up slime molds in garden mulch to expose the organism to drying air. You can also just scrape up the stuff, but likely it will be back. Some molds have been known to come back in the same spot, year after year.
    Zone 9 Houma LA in the bayou land.

Comment

Grazie Cugino,
      As long as I know now will not hurt anything then I will do as you say and scrape it and maybe turn mulch. You say just like my wife explain "vomit". I just can't win Tis year with growing without issues. I still wait for 4F but trees no change in health look leaf. Even new leaf have mosaic look I am keeping my 4 trophy trees in a different area but they not get full sun all day. We are getting terrible storm now. Way too much rain Tis year. Some time I almost wish I was in area where they see little or no rain and pay extra for water bill... As soon as I get home from job and assume storm is gone I will remove and pack you air layer and ship in the morning. I hopefully can find large enough box. Is very large layer. Grazie once more for your reply!
      Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
      1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
      2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Working...
      X