X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this fig?

I realize there is little to go one but what are your guesses as what this one MAY be?

I received it as a heirloom Italian fig. It was named Italian Strawberry. It is vigorous but non productive. I have been overwatering and that MAY have contributed to the centre split during high winds.

Here are six pictures.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 6 photos.
    Darkman AKA Charles in Pensacola South of I-10 zone 8b/9a

How many hours of sun does the plant get?
    Jesse in western Maine, zone 4/5
    Wishlist- earliest maincrop varieties

Comment

Under Pines?
      Ross B. Santa Rosa Calif zone 9b, wish list: CdD Blanc, Igo, Palmata, Sucrette, Morroco, Galicia Negra

Comment

6 - 8 hours sun, no overhead canopy.

Pine straw and leaves are my mulch. The whole yard looks like that. Anywhere from three to six inches deep.

Those leaves are 12" long.

Comment

Have you tested your soil? might be to acidic

Comment

TJ, Jose263, from Biloxi tested it last fall with a handheld tester and it read 7.0. However I probably need to test again now that I am irrigating with well water. I think the well is about 6.0. I would not think that is out of the range for production though. I would think that there would be some figs and it is not isolated to this fig. Some of the potted figs under the same irrigation schedule had many figs. You can ask my squirrels if you need verification. Puzzling!

Bobby can you guess as to what fig or family of figs the leaves belong to?

Comment

Working...
            X