X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Souadi 2015 Main

This is a three year old tree placed in ground May 2015. Last year I buried the
    pot and the figs were terrible. This fig had a jammy texture but was lacking
    in flavor and the sweetness was about right for me. About a 6 on a 1-10.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4285.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	29211

Name:	IMG_4286.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	29212

Name:	IMG_4287.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	29213

Name:	IMG_4288.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	29214
    newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

I'm surprised this one is a disappointment. If it happens to improve keep us updated please. Adjusting my collection wish list.
    Randall - Gulf Breeze, FL. zone 8b. Wish list: Anything that "newnandawg" - Mike, ranks as an 8 out 10 or higher.

Comment

How distinctive was the taste? I was always intrigued by the reports that it had notes of earthiness.

Comment

Shah, interesting that last year they did have that earthy or an oak barrel flavor like wine.
        This year not at all. Pretty bland.
        newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Have you had excessive rain in your area?
          Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Scott, not excessive. Just a couple of days in the last two weeks we had a thunderstorm.
            newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

I'm resurrecting this thread. Bass describes the pulp to be red. Is the color off in the pictures?

Comment

In the pics at this link posted by Bass, the color is only slightly darker
                than the pic I posted. His pic is far from being red. The slightly difference
                in color could be from the soil, the much hotter temps in my area or
                other growing conditions. The second link is to my post of this fig
                last year. There is a noticeable difference then and now of the same
                plants fruit. BTW, my plant came directly from Bass.

http://figs4funforum.websitetoolbox....pid=1279166619

http://figs4funforum.websitetoolbox....pid=1283604810

newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Very interesting. Amazing how figs can be slightly different just from soil or location.

Comment

Working...
                  X