• Show
Clear All

• Rob Ster 010
    replied
    Good job Raf, they look awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Rafaelissimmo
    replied
    Jesse, I would say that main crop began to set by mid-may, the tree was fully leafed out by the 3rd or 4th week of April. So far its my earliest main crop this year, although Adriatic JH are looking like they will ripen any day now.

Leave a comment:

• mountainfigs
    commented on 's reply
    A makeshift plan, currently. I have some polycarbonate panels on hand, enough to make a space that I could duck in and out of, abutting the house at back and garage on one side, making for a two-sided lean-to green frame. My concern is moisture from any humidity getting under the wood paneling of the house, and also potentially attracting critters to the protected space in winter.

• zone5figger
    replied
    Rafael,
    Is IC your earliest maincrop? Any idea when they formed as rice sized figlets? I have one of these as well, but it only saw the sun after threat of frost past- late May😩

Leave a comment:

• COGardener
    replied
    Tony, do you have plan for your green frame?

Leave a comment:

• mountainfigs
    replied
    Nice work. I've thought about trying to get a jump with Improved Celeste next year, maybe in a green frame, cross between a cold frame and a green house.

Leave a comment:

• COGardener
    replied
    They look amazing, I'm jealous!!! I'm still waiting with baited breath.

Leave a comment:

• AscPete
    replied
    Thanks for sharing the photos and info.
    Its not cheating if you're able to enjoy ripe figs, its the reason we grow them

Leave a comment:

• Rafaelissimmo
    started a topic Improved Celeste-Main Crop

Improved Celeste-Main Crop

Improved Celeste, main crop. I waited almost 4 days since they turned color before picking (and devouring). I think they would have lasted another day on the tree, but no matter. They were good, sweet and sugary. I still prefer berry flavors in a fig. But nice to have main crop in July. I did cheat with about a month in the greenhouse in April.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
Working...
X