X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost new topic

A little while ago I posted a new topic, titled "First fig of the year - unknown breba". However now I am unable to see the post in the Fig Home topic list. If I go to my user profile and select "My recent posts", I can view it, it looks like a normal post. Here is the link to it even:

http://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-ho...-unknown-breba

But I still cannot see it in the topic list. Any mod able to tell me why or what I did wrong? Thanks!
    Ed
    SW PA zone 6a

Hey Willis
    Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Ed, i posted on that thread, it's on the line now.
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

It is on line for me now too. Very strange - this one was immediately visible for me, the other had not been visible even after this one was first posted. This can be deleted if the mods want to as it is no longer needed, but I'm curious why the other was delayed in posting.
        Ed
        SW PA zone 6a

Comment

Could have just been a server issue.. No big deal.
          Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

My guess is also that it's a server issue. I sometimes see that threads are updated but can't see the new responses until a few minutes later. It seems that things don't always sync immediately on the server side.
            Johnny
            Stuff I grow: Google Doc

Comment

Wills has set it up so that when a fig photo is posted the server transfers it to a DNA sequencer before anyone else can see it. Then he has his DNA printer produce an identical plant which he can then bring to market long before anyone else. Only after the sequencing is done does the photo post to the forum. He also alters the photo a bit so no one else can sequence it. How else do you think he gets all those odd figs on ebay?
              Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

Shhh Bob that was supposed to be a secret.

Here they are.........

Click image for larger version

Name:	summer cuts.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	30278
                Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

Sometimes you have to hit the refresh button to get an updated screen.
                  Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

• eboone
                    eboone commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I opened and closed Internet Explorer twice on the initial computer because I was so puzzled, then tried on another computer and retried over a half hour later. The initial post on the fig was at 8:01, I did not start this lost topic post until 9:01. Don't think it was a refresh issue

Didn't Wills say a while ago that a couple topics got lost when website updates were made? Maybe that's why they disappeared.
                  Sarah
                  Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

Hey Wills you have a orchard right there in that one spot.. You better watch out for Hershell after that pink pony mix-up.. Lol
                    Kentucky Zone 6b

Comment

Working...
                    X