X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Premier Dark Figs

Interesting to see some of the premier dark figs side by side. Noire de Caromb said to be the same as Kathleen's Black, Pastilliere synonymous with Rouge de Bordeaux, Bourjassotte said to be synonymous with Barnisotte. Dauphine the same as Grantham's Royal and Royal Vineyard? Would be interesting to see Black Ischia and Black Madeira/Preto photoed there too. Barbentane said to be very similar to but earlier and more productive than Violette Sollies and possibly closely related to Barnisotte/Bourjassotte.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Tony WV 6b
    https://mountainfigs.net/

Can you give a little background on the photo? Are these from your trees? A nice spread!
    Steve
    D-i-c-k-e-r-s-o-n, MD; zone 7a
    WL: Verdolino, Figue Jaune, Nantes Maroc, Lussheim

Comment

That is one beautiful collection of figs!
    Ed
    SW PA zone 6a

Comment

It'd be so awesome to have been there and sample such a prime assortment of figs. Think how sad it would have been if right after that picture was taken, a bird swept in and nabbed them all! Oh wait, that could have been me.
      Sarah
      Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

Really beautiful picture Tony, thanks for sharing. Can't wait to be able to take a picture like that myself....someday.
        Greg, Maine, zone 5. Wish List: Green Michurinska

Comment

Striking picture, I thought too. No comparison but here's a Palermo Red (Aldo) breba picked today. Very sweet and flavorful, hint of berry. Also picked a photogenic O'Rourke breba today, mahogany color, brown sugar sweet and flavorful but it got eaten before I thought to take a picture. A week ago, I picked a first O'Rourke breba, picked it early before it turned dark or grew sugar sweet but was tasty nevertheless. Those are the 3rd and 4th photos. Plus Negronne from last week.
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
          Last edited by mountainfigs; 07-21-2015, 10:34 PM. Reason: more pics
          Tony WV 6b
          https://mountainfigs.net/

Comment

Working...
          X