X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figit forward Takoma Violet available to all

Available to all, but only one shall receive. Really enjoy the games and now it’s my turn. Multi answer format. A couple ID’s and a fig question that must be answered to my satisfaction. I may or may not note when a correct answer is posted. Will give clues as we go. If you already have Takoma Violet please play anyway thinking I can find something of interest even if might be dormant season cuttings. The Takoma Violet is a airlayer not ready as yet so will be shipped when ready. Must answer all correct in the same post. If you post multiple fig possibilities for a pic on a post the answer is invalid so you must list only correct answers no shotgun approach.

Pic 1 name that fig
    Pic 2 name that fig(s) 1st clue they share part of their name. Just name that word they share in common.
    Question 1 Parfum De Cafards That is the 1st I ever placed on a want list a few years ago and it still remains on my list. Explain to me why I placed it there, or at least get in general vicinity

Click image for larger version

Name:	contest1.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	30400 Click image for larger version

Name:	contest2.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	30401
    Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

No Interest? No guesses=No Clues Unlimited attempts allowed

Comment

Interest, but no ability right now...I have a glass of wine in me and I've never had tolerance. Thanks for more fun games though Phil.
      Greg, Maine, zone 5. Wish List: Green Michurinska

Comment

1) Ficus Carica
        2) Ficus
        3) You like the smell of @@@@roach in the morning?
        Fig & Blackberry Farmer in Sunol, CA.

Comment

Clue pic #1 was an unknown that was named after a town. Sometimes you see it labeled as "unknown Town"

Comment

This photo has nothing to do with this game (other than to get people's juices flowing). It is a Takoma Violet about 2 years old that I gave a friend. It's growing in the ground in North Central California. It's a very nice variety. Click image for larger version

Name:	takoma violet sm.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	30425

SoCal, zone 10.
            www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

Unknown Owensboro... Dark... Satire.

Comment

Pic #2 clue the shared word is not color related

Comment

Unknown Owensboro, Hardy, satire.

Comment

Is the word they share "Strawberry"?
                    Wishlist; Green Michurinska, St. Rita
                    Tony
                    Sarver, PA Zone 6A.

Comment

The word they share is a family name. I don't believe I have ever posted on them, so looking beyond my posts will be needed.

Comment

unknown Owensboro, Bissiri, satire.

Comment

Winner Good Job Brent.
                          pic #1 unknown Owensboro
                          pic #2 Bissiri #2 and Bissiri #3
                          The question was basically a give me to anyone that knows French or can use a online translator. Some languages the most unsavory things come off the tongue and it sounds wonderful and beautiful. It's not a real fig at least I hope not. I thought of the most disgusting smell and to me that is the sickening sweet smell when crushing a Palmetto bug. Those dinosaur sized roaches Floridians love so much.
                          Parfum De Cafards=Perfume of @@@@roaches

I will let you know when the airlayer is ready

Comment

Yeeee haw!!!! I do have TV but want more more more! Planning a sanitary selection for next season of TV and Black Greek and hopefully annexing 2 acres into the fig field to plant them. Thanks Phil!

Comment

Thanks for the game Strudeldog,it was fun following along. That was great Brent. Congrats!
                              Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Aww, I missed this one. Good job :-)
                                Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

These are fun games to follow along and see what others are thinking. I couldn't think of a answer.. But great job Brent..
                                  Kentucky Zone 6b

Comment

Congrats Brent!

RE: Bissiri #3. I received some cuttings from JazzBass some years ago. They are growing in the ground in Texas. I have not been around for the past two fig seasons to see the figs. There was a conversation in F4F about Mr Bissiri, and I asked about the cuttings I have. There was not any information about it at the time. I'm trying to find time to get to Texas in the next several weeks. I'm hoping some of the unknowns I left behind are ripening. If not, at least get some new leaf photos. Do you have any information about it?
                                    Littleton, CO (zone 5b) - In Containers
                                    N.E. of Austin, TX (zone 8b)- In Ground.

Comment

• strudeldog
                                      strudeldog commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Nothing more than the threads I read on f4f on it mostly I think mostly by Ricci and Barry. I rooted them spring 2014 and I do have some fruit on them this year

Lol I gave up after the rules
                                    Proudly Serving in the United States Armed Forces, 2009-2017
                                    Everyone should have a green thumb

Comment

• DBJohnson
                                      DBJohnson commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      LOL! Same here! Still too much a newbie to have the knowledge base to even begin.

Me too, I really didn't have any idea where to even start. Especially since I didn't recognize the leaves.
                                    Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
                                    Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

Comment

Lil Fig goes back to fig coloring book...missed the game and still riding in the short wheelbarrow when it comes to fig identification. There is always tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                      X