X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CM figs

A few years ago I offered out figs that I collected from my wife's grandfather. I just labeled them CM 2-10. I sent them out to a lot of people. I don't know how often most of the members post or visit any fig site anymore, but I wanted to start a topic to see what results people had and what they think. I have to say most of them turned out to be nothing special, but there seem to be one or two winners.
    My results so far:

Cm 2 California brown turkey/ black Genoa.
    Cm 3 died and had to start over no figs for me yet, but from one source it was a good white fig.
    Cm 4 turned out to be the same as cm 2
    Cm 5 still no figs well ripened figs yet after some bad weather years.
    Cm 7 excellent dark fig decent cold hardiness possibly cm 5 is the same.
    Cm 8 turned out to be a kadota/ dottato
    Cm 9 turned out to be a peters honey type.
    Cm 10 was also a kadota type fig.

Here is the original topic.
    http://figs4funforum.websitetoolbox....id=1271014012#

Hi Marcus, out of the CM3, CM5, and the CM7, only the CM7 survived but it hasn't produced any figs yet. I'm growing it in a 3 gallon pot and not really pushing it but rather waiting to put it into the ground. Looking forward to it as it sounds like it might be a good one.
    "gene"
    Zone 9 Houma LA in the bayou land.

Comment

Keep me posted. I'm curious to see how it does down there

Comment

Marcus, I did some checking on my trees yesterday afternoon and found that my CM7 has small figs on it. I don't know if they will ripen but I will give the tree a boast of Miracle Gro and see if that helps. I will keep you posted.
        "gene"
        Zone 9 Houma LA in the bayou land.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Joyce scuffs tennis shoe in the dirt twists hair sighs wasn't around then missed on all the fun and mischef. Maybe chain saw cutting this fall.

Comment

When I saw the title, I thought this thread was going to be something like

MR ducks
              MR not ducks
              OSAR CM wings
              LIB MR ducks
              Littleton, CO (zone 5b) - In Containers
              N.E. of Austin, TX (zone 8b)- In Ground.

Comment

Working...
              X