X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Ischia AD 2015 Main

A second year tree placed in ground in May 2015. It has produced lots of new
    growth with a minimal amount of FMV. It has numerous figs that should
    ripen over the next few weeks. Their appears to be a huge difference between
    this variety and my Black Ischia from UCD. My third year Black Ischia from UCD
    is very stunted and has no figs.

This fig was not overly sweet and had the flavor of a Merlot Wine. The texture
    was very firm and had some seed crunch. We decided upon at 6.5 for this
    first fig.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4387.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	30549

Name:	IMG_4388.JPG
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	30550

Name:	IMG_4390.JPG
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	30551
    newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Last year was the first year I tried these and also the first year it was in ground and I thought it was out of this world and this year they just ok, lol. It's funny how this works, I think it's because my yard has been in drought for the last couple months, the rain seems to go all around. I'm still trying to get a
    decent uc davis specimen, I know most have fmv so bad the don't grow well but i want to grow then side by side. I have one from uc davis that some one traded me at Lsu that has been air layerd, hopefully when it starts growing back it is good enough that I can end my search, lol.
    Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

Oh well, it looks fantastic, I'm sure it will improve. Thanks for posting.
      Randall - Gulf Breeze, FL. zone 8b. Wish list: Anything that "newnandawg" - Mike, ranks as an 8 out 10 or higher.

Comment

Working...
      X