X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unk. Pastilliere main

One of my best figs last year and this one too.
    Very unique and rich taste of a Bing cherry, a favorite when ripe. Not super sweet like a Celeste but way over it in terms of the flavor.
    The figs are medium sized and would hang until dehydrated to become prunes with an explosive taste.
    I do not know if it requires pollination, some people outside California say that yes.
    Very productive and healthy tree, early, does not appear to be large like a Black Mission, very suitable for containers.
    Definitely a keeper.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Good to hear its such a good variety. My second year tree is dropping all its fruit and leaves too. Rafed said to hold on to it.
    newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Maybe it needs a wasp when young? Mine never dropped a fig. Not sure if the tree will change its habit when grown up.
      How was it for Rafed?

Comment

Mike

I might have said it about the Pastilliere.

As for the Unknown Pastilliere I got rid of mine.

So, there are two. Pastilliere and Unk. Pastilliere.

Comment

• greenfig
          greenfig commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Rafed. The one featured here is the Unknown

Beautiful fig, love that drop of honey.

Comment

The Unk Past definitely needs the wasp. Mine is 8' tall and 8' wide, hundreds of figs that fall, ducks won't even touch them. I hope we get the wasp and that is the only reason the tree is still alive.
          Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

Wow, that is one impressive tree size!
            You could try an overnight wasp shipment from the Paradise Land in the late spring, just to see if that partially helps

Comment

Well I am using it as my signal tree. It is a great grower, I lopped 3' off a lot of branches as it was trying to shade it's neighbor.
              Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

Wills, what plan are you concocting to get the wasp? I have always wondered why we don't have the wasp in Florida, as pretty much every bug known to man thrives here.

Comment

This is mine and never mind the spelling of the name on the label. It did drop some fruit early but it is ripening fruit not so what does this tell us? It is one of my most productive trees and a fast grower.
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                  Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

• WillsC
                    WillsC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Think Herpshell had an oops, and had his plants mixed up.

• Hershell
                    Hershell commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just the spelling. It's good that the original label is still in the pot and perfectly misspelled so it's not just me. Thanks for the help. Or is it an entirely different fig?

Originally posted by m5allen View Post
                  Wills, what plan are you concocting to get the wasp? I have always wondered why we don't have the wasp in Florida, as pretty much every bug known to man thrives here.

Mike,

We have two native wasps here in Florida but they won't work the Carica, sadly. Far as what plan........no comment. I don't know if bringing the bug in from CA is legal so and while this may date me and in my best Sgt. Schultz "I see nothing." "I know nothing"

Comment

OMG, My jaw dropped 4inches, Looks awesome Wills
                    WL: English Brown turkey, Improved celeste, Ishia Black, Cravens Craven, Fico Preto, CDD Roja, golden riverside, Violette de Sollies, White Madiera, I 258,

Comment

Working...
                    X