X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Evil?

I promised a few of you airlayers and I went around tagging trees but when I went to put on the a/l I found all of my branch tips had fruit. Many of these varieties I've never tried. So I'm going to delay the a/l until after they ripen. Sorry.
    Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

You need to frame it differently. In reality, it's too hot to ship mid-summer. So, you're kindly going to grow the tree out a bit so that you can ship a bigger tree under more favorable weather conditions. Plus, you're going to taste the fruit so that you can provide a detailed report about its flavor profile.
    Johnny
    Stuff I grow: Google Doc

Comment

• rusty hooks
      rusty hooks commented
      Editing a comment
      You should run for office Johnny

Definately evil. You should be sending those fruit laden branches to me!

But seriously, I don't blame you.
    https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
    SE PA
    Zone 6

Comment

Can't you put on the airlayer and just leave it on the plant until after harvesting the fruit? 4 of my five current airlayers have figs on the end of the growing branch and I expect them to produce! I would not take off the airlayer and expect the figs to do well though, at least not at the expense of healthy growth.
      Ed
      SW PA zone 6a

Comment

Is no problem bob😊
        Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
        1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
        2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

As Mike said, no problem.
          Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Recently I ate a Palermo Red breba without sharing, because, true story, I thought it wouldn't taste very good, thought I had picked it too early. Or maybe I had been working outside too long and the sun had got to me. It was really good, like a juicy red lollipop. Shortly thereafter, I explained to the family. I was not believed.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
            Tony WV 6b
            https://mountainfigs.net/

Comment

Bob if you send me one I will forgive you for all fig transgressions to infinity. Joyce

Comment

Originally posted by eboone View Post
                Can't you put on the airlayer and just leave it on the plant until after harvesting the fruit? 4 of my five current airlayers have figs on the end of the growing branch and I expect them to produce! I would not take off the airlayer and expect the figs to do well though, at least not at the expense of healthy growth.

Yup
                Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

Bob C,

Yes!!!

But I'm is the same situation with several trees.
                  Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

Very , Arrrrrrrg! Unless of course one of the airlayers.............!

Comment

As long as none are promised to Wills

Comment

Originally posted by eboone View Post
                        If there was room for the soil without burying the figs I'd do that. I've owed Wills these things for 2 or 3 years now.
                        Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

I picked some ripe figs and brought them in for my wife, then she reminded me she was on a low carb diet, so I had to eat them. I think that makes me evil.
                          Hi my name is Art. I buy fig cuttings-so I can grow more figs-so I can sell more figs-so I can buy more fig cuttings-so I can grow more figs....

Comment

• Sarahkt
                            Sarahkt commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Only if you ate them with great enjoyment right in front of her. There's a Coldstone next to our local gym, and a lot of people will buy ice cream and eat it right outside in front of people slaving away on a treadmill.

no you would have been evil if you had hidden behind the fig tree and ate them right there. Or smart hmmmmm

Comment

Working...
                          X