X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMD
    commented on 's reply
    Rob, what happened to the nub? Figlet or shoot?

• Rob Ster 010
    commented on 's reply
    60 cm+ of new healthy growth.
    Out of the 5 cultivars in my tent that were started in roughly the same 4 weeks PT is by far the most vigorous.
    Twice the size of any other variety i rooted.

• FMD
    commented on 's reply
    Holy Crap, Rob! Every time you post a picture of PT, it's grown another 6 inches! Hershell, that plant in from a cutting started last November.

• Rob Ster 010
    commented on 's reply
    There's a big chance i get to taste some too Frank!

• Willofig
    replied
    My I-258 and Visilisa sika,last year sika was outstanding!!

Leave a comment:

• Hershell
    commented on 's reply
    Who wouldn't want to taste that?

• FiggieFive_0
    replied
    Whoa, geez! Where to start? Black Madeira, for sure. Then Raspberry Latte, for obvious reasons. Then of course RdB and VdB. Black Ischia Noir de Caromb, too. Actually, anything right about now

Leave a comment:

• FMD
    replied
    I would be very happy tasting my avatar...

Leave a comment:

• GreenFin
    replied
    Black Madeira
    Figo Preto/Fico Preto
    CdDN
    Nero 600m
    Smith
    JH Adriatic

But there are lots of others I'm almost as excited about, like RdB, Black Mission NL, Kathleen's Black, Malta Black, etc, etc.

Leave a comment:

• fitzski
    replied
    All my 1 yr old trees from my UCD cuttings last year (Conadria, Tena, 187-25) and my 2nd and 3rd yr trees from Logee's (Petit Negri, Ischia Green and Desert King) that I protected well this winter.

Also the figs from my largest fig tree (which i'll need help to identify) now that I know how to better care for it.

Leave a comment:

• greenfig
    replied
    Black Madeira. Last year it was not good at all. So much hype was for nothing. If it is going to be at least half as good as a Unk. Pastilliere, I will keep it

Leave a comment:

• PepperMan
    replied
    I'm looking forward to tasting adriatic jh, CdDB, and nero600M. I cant wait to start seeing some green growth.
    ‚ÄčIt's been another crappy winter here in nj.

Leave a comment:

• Rafaelissimmo
    replied
    I am waiting to try Panachee (I've tasted store-bought), Nero 600m, Sal's, mongibello, 2 unknowns, Improved Celeste, and Pajarera And even more next year!

Leave a comment:

• Rob Ster 010
    replied
    My san Pedro's Dauphine and Macca.
    My italian Rosselino, Salam and Callara.
    They'll all be in their second year so i'm excited to see some fruit.
    Then there's a bunch of cuttings i started last october that have grown well since and likely give me a few figs this fall.

Leave a comment:

• Bijan
    replied
    Both Blk Madeira and Preto went dormant with figs on them last year. They are the two I am looking forward to seeing if they will ripen this year. I should get a few figs on Smith, as well.

Leave a comment:

• F. Bennett
    replied
    Originally posted by armando93223 View Post
    I am anxious to taste the Black Madiera, If it tastes like Preto, then I would try to duplicate the Madiera. because my Preto is slow....very slow.
    I'm surprised Preto is slow for you. All three of my 2nd year Pretos did very well last year. They were grown in SIPs though. Pro-Mix BX was the mix I was using, along with Osmocote.

Leave a comment:

• armando93223
    replied
    I am anxious to taste the Black Madiera, If it tastes like Preto, then I would try to duplicate the Madiera. because my Preto is slow....very slow.

Leave a comment:

• Yeehova
    replied
    I want to taste my unknown Carini, JH Adriatic, Smith, VDB, Olympian, and RDB the most. My Olympian is very young and I don't think it gave me it's full taste profile. The two I want to taste more than the others are Smith and JH Adriatic in that order.

Leave a comment:

• COGardener
    replied
    Other than my Sweet George, they are all new to me. So I am exited to taste any and every fig that I can!

Leave a comment:

• zone5figger
    replied
    My first home-grown one!

Leave a comment:

• Gina
    replied
    I think I"ve tasted all of my figs except for a couple very new ones. What I would really like is to have significant numbers of them. More than just a taste. Last year the raccoons were just terrible in getting figs before they ripened fully.

I have a very young Agrigento, which is supposed to be better than Atreano (which I find to be rather bland).

Leave a comment:

• eboone
    replied
    I have 44 varieties I either rooted, received in trade or was given as a gift last year, and I expect to get to try most if not all this year. I am looking forward to trying them all. I only got figs on 4 of them last year, and just 2 were actually good - a VdB 2 yr old plant gave me one good fig and Grasa's Unknown Seattle Purple produced one fig that was even better and it was on a plant just rooted last spring and it finished ripening under plant lights. That is the one I am looking forward to most, ripening outdoors.

Leave a comment:

• twovkay
    replied
    I can't wait for the Black Madeira from JFE, hope it's a real one. Would love to get a taste of CDD Blanc, Vista, Dark Portugese and Black Greek. Ok, so I haven't tasted many and would love to taste all that I have collected so far, maybe this year! Von

Leave a comment:

• Kelby
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, herman2 raves about it. He said the only comparable dark fig is I-258. It's hardy for him and fruited after being killed back by the dreaded vortex.

• F. Bennett
    replied
    I've yet to try Adriatic JH but always hear how awesome it is. I recently read comments on how it is a must-have and it ranks with the highest. I want to say I read this from one of Herman's posts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X