X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMV or just young leaves

Is this FMV or just the young leaves and getting used to sun, fertilizer etc. this is hardy Chicago and the second plant that looks fine is from the same batch of cuttings.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Queens, NY. Zone 7B. Restarting my collection.

It looks like FMV to me.
    Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

IMO, FMD caused by FMV and or Nutrient / pH issues.
      Good Luck.
      Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

Agreed
        Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

The issue is, is it fmv or nutrient deficiency? It is quite obviously one of the two. Is there any Californian heritage in the ancestors of this HC? A lot of my plants exhibit similar looks. Its a vexing issue because I do fertilize my plants fairly consistently and still, I cannot rule out nutrient deficiency. Anyway, the hope is that in time it will work itself out. Wait it out.
          Rafael
          Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

• Figinqueens
            Figinqueens commented
            Editing a comment
            Raf-
            I remember you mentioning that yours always show symptoms.

Thanks all. I did mix in some slow release and have used a water soluble once or twice a week. I have 3 cuttings that rooted so maybe I will just keep the one without symptoms, although this one is much further along. I can probably keep both this year but will need to give one away next year.
          Queens, NY. Zone 7B. Restarting my collection.

Comment

Yes, given the distorted leaves along with the pattern on the leaves, definitely fmv/fmd symptoms. It may grow out of it, especially if it is planted in the ground. Mt. Etnas usually don't show much in the way of symptoms even though I suspect they all have the virus.
            Steve
            D-i-c-k-e-r-s-o-n, MD; zone 7a
            WL: Nantes Maroc

Comment

Working...
            X