X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronde de Bordeaux

This is always one of my family's favorite figs each year. Sweet dark berry flavor and early ripening. The small fig on the left was left to dehydrate on the tree and was outstanding.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Art
    Western Pa -6a

I give up.... Temper tantrum is not even worth it anymore 😭

Belle fico amico
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy πŸ‘ΌπŸΌ.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

• F. Bennett
      F. Bennett commented
      Editing a comment
      Fabio,
      I can send you some cuttings if you don't have this one.

• Taverna78
      Taverna78 commented
      Editing a comment
      The RDB? Sì I have. But all my tree no fruit tis year. Actually my RDB is one of two fico with one fig but I believe will no ripe in time before first frost. I hope it will. Next year I will eat like mule!

Great Looking figs Art. Vito's airlayer is setting embryos, I think I will leave a couple on to taste for the first time.
    Rafael
    Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

Those look real good.

There is one fig on my rdb I may get to try soon if the opposum dosen't beat me to it.
      Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Nice comparison, dried to plump. Awesome cultivar. The RDB figs hold their great shape.
        Tony WV 6b
        https://mountainfigs.net/

Comment

I don't know why but in my yard this fig isn't very good, I have 2 rdb's from 2 different sources for a couple of years now and neither put out very good figs. I've tasted maybe 2 or 3 all together that was actually sweet with good flavor. It does good for almost everyone else, I don't know if there is something in my yard that rdb doesn't like or what. I'm hoping one day I could give it a good review like you Art.
          Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

this is a slow grower for me.... I hope it grows and produces like your tree. Thanks for posting these pictures
            Shailesh, Pennsylvania, ZONE 6B

Comment

I usually like my figs looking plump and fresh like the second one but after reading your review I will try leaving one of the CHs on to dry up and see what happens. Thanks once again for sharing Art. Great stuff!

Comment

Hi Art, ---Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Are this figs from a potted tree? I am in zone 6B and my Ronde d B. is in a pot. My tree is full of green figs, but no where near being ready. How did you get your to bear fruit this early? are they in a greenhouse?
                Jerry - Zone 6B -Westchester, NY
                2015 Wish List: Longue d'Aout, CdD.Gris, Nero 600, Florea, Italian 258, Galicia Negra.

Comment

• kubota1
                  kubota1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, it's in about a 40 gal container. It's not in a greenhouse, but got an early start in a greenhouse.

Art,
                You and I need speak... I almost throw my iPhone out my jeep window... Culli cazzi ! You photo make
                My taste go crazy !
                I may leave soon go home for few weeks to take care some things. Then I come Chicago again and we converse. Maybe I bring back "holy grail fig" πŸ˜‰
                If exists ..... Think sign of infinity.... Capise?

Doppia stesso .... Ora mettere su frutta ... posso controllare per Tis.

Ciao Ciao Buon A Notte
                Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
                1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy πŸ‘ΌπŸΌ.
                2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

• eboone
                  eboone commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LOL Art! I've seen your pics in the past and you speak the truth!

• rusty hooks
                  rusty hooks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mike...I gave up after the third or forth main crop pictures ....It's crazy making for sure....I just work harder to make next year special...I see you've been up to the same

• Taverna78
                  Taverna78 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Art ,
                  You have belle collection. I can only imagine siting in middle of all of them on nice late summer evening in nice seat eat fig and listen to wind blow thru leafs. You photos are wonderful

Mike, I know you like pictures... Yeah, they were good.
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
                Art
                Western Pa -6a

Comment

Hi Art.
                  My RDB figs aren't even swelling yet but I have alot of them, the two trees are loaded.
                  I had one breba from that Chiapetta, it was awesome, jucy and sweet. Thank you.

Rafael, I'm glad your RDB is growing well for you.

Vito

Comment

• kubota1
                    kubota1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Vito. Glad to hear your figs are doing good.
                Working...
                X