X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promiscuous Alma Sisters Back At It

I tried to shame these two wanton gals out of their libidinous ways by giving them extreme hair cuts, but they ain't about to listen to me. They are back with a vengeance.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 9 photos.
    Frank Tallahasee 8B
    North Florida Figs

Wow they look great Frank. Whatever you feed them, they seem to love it.

Do you trim them back that hard often?
    Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

That was the most radical I got with the twins, but I knew they would bounce back It's who they are. I feed them nothing. They must really like the cement mulch. I think it's the calcium.
      Frank Tallahasee 8B
      North Florida Figs

Comment

Wow indeed! !! You get more growth in a season then I get in years.

Fantastic! !!
        Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Holy Smokes I guess that crew cut hair cut scared the bejebes out of them. That is wonderful great looking trees how old?

Comment

• FMD
            FMD commented
            Editing a comment
            Almost 20

I have an Alma that started from cuttings of these trees a couple of winters ago, and it is my best fig so far this year. Some other figs are just too sweet for me, but Alma is refreshingly sweet without being cloying. I've also been battling ants over the past few weeks due to some infested mulch that I spread around, and the Alma fruits have proven to be wonderfully ant-proof with their rubbery skins and honey-sealed eyes.

Thanks again for sharing these trees with us, FMD, they are starlets of the fig world.

Comment

• FMD
            FMD commented
            Editing a comment
            You are welcome, James. Glad to see the gals doing well in Kansas.
        Working...
        X