X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kubota1
    commented on 's reply
    This wasn't in my greenhouse. It was one of about 100 that took that bad frost and lost all of its leaves. You are right about it being a heavy producer.

• Tonycm
    replied
    Art, Your greenhouse really helps you out. I didn't get any dieback on my Mittica tree that was wintered in an unattached unheated garage, but it was probably cold enough to kill any breba that were forming. The tree is a heavy producer of main crop though.
    Breba = 0
    Main crop = figs-a-plenty

Leave a comment:

• Chrisk
    replied
    Awesome , thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• kubota1
    replied
    This one is from Italy. Mittica is the name of the people who own the parent tree. They are from Calabria. The fig is more like Atreano or Conadria. But isn't either. Do a search on f4f and you will see more pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Chrisk
    replied
    Great fig Art. I ran a few searches to figure out where the name came from but no luck. Miticas with one t matches tree places in Greece. One of them is the highest peak of mount Olympus , the other is a village in Aitoloakarnania( wow) in central Greece and the third a town near Preveza in north west province of Greece. Do you have any history on it and why did you give it that name? I know it's a lot to ask but if we can establish that it has Greek roots maybe we can Match it up with something that's already out there. One of the Vasilika perhaps or green Greek?

Leave a comment:

• kubota1
    started a topic Unk. Mittica breba

Unk. Mittica breba

I've posted about this one on f4f the past few years. This one was the best tasting fig of the year. My wife and I give it a 10 out of 10. Tasted like pure red raspberry preserves.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
Working...
X