X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unk. Chiappetta...Aka Cosenza Breba

Here's one that I introduced back in 2012. I sent loads of cuttings and plants the last few years. Figs look and taste different from year to year. The figs on the mother tree that's in ground usually look different than my potted plants.
    They were nice and figgy and sweet. Very good for a breba.
    This plant comes from the Calabria area. Province of Cosenza.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
    Art
    Western Pa -6a

The reason I posted Aka Cosenza is because Jon sells it as Cosenza.
    Art
    Western Pa -6a

Comment

Yeah, when all that name changing happened I thought it was Calabria, not Cosenza so now I have a few plants labeled Chiapetta/Calabria. When they fruit I'll need your help sorting them out.
      Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

Art,

I find it amusing that your plants in PA are ahead of mine in FL in fruiting, My Chia is loaded with fruit but nothing ripe yet
        Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

• kubota1
          kubota1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Your Chia is probably main crop. I am way off from getting a ripe main crop fig from it.

• kubota1
          kubota1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Since you left Pa it's turned into the Mediterranean.😃

These are breba. Sorry, I couldn't edit the title.
        Art
        Western Pa -6a

Comment

• WillsC
          WillsC commented
          Editing a comment
          That explains it.......man I was wondering. Will edit the title for you.

• kubota1
          kubota1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Wills.

Hey Art. Here is mine from last week. It had an interesting flavor-hard to describe and not as watery as a lot of TMI sized figs.
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• kubota1
          kubota1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks good Bill.
      Working...
      X