X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persian White 2015 Main

This is another third year tree that was placed in ground April 2015. It has responded
    with growth and production unlike last year in a 10 gal pot.

This fig is pleasantly sweet with a honey flavor and a nice slightly chewy skin. We gave
    it an 8 on a 1-10 scale.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4461.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	31708

Name:	IMG_4465.JPG
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	31709

Name:	IMG_4466.JPG
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	31710

Name:	IMG_4468.JPG
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	31711
    newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Glad to see another highly rated fig! Glad to see your having good luck with your figs this year.
    Randall - Gulf Breeze, FL. zone 8b. Wish list: Anything that "newnandawg" - Mike, ranks as an 8 out 10 or higher.

Comment

As always, looks great.

What do you do to protect your in ground trees over winter?
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Nice looking light fig.
        Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
        Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

Comment

Scott, not enough obviously. With the exception of 11 close to the south side of my house, all died to the ground. Only two did not come back. Most of those will have figs. They all had about 4 inches of pine straw and that was all. We had two mornings of single digit temps. The previous three years they were all in pots.
          newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Are you planning for a more aggressive winter protection plan for this coming winter?
            Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

One of the best looking honey fig pics I ve seen this year. Well done Mike and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Hi Mike is that Bass' Persian White?
                Rafael
                Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

Scott, I plan to increase the amount of pine straw around them and that is it. Only
                  the strong survive. I don't want trees that I have to provide a lot of protection.

Rafael, yes it is from Bass.
                  newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Working...
                  X