X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 posts

What I win?? Ahahah!!

Actually I wanted to ask. I have two type grape grow on trellis In front my home. They are in pots in ground with no added holes to allow root to come out of pot. If the roots are confined to pot will that slow its grow rate? Was growing like crazy and suddenly just stopped as soon as it made it to the top of trellis and started vining over the top or growing very very slow....
    I'm not sure if I can get pot out without really disturbing the trunk because it attach to trellis inches from pot. Should I use rod jam threw soil breaking out bottom of pot? Or leave it?
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Mike, I'm no grape expert, yet I know they have huge powerful roots and need they need a lot space. I would remove or destroy the pots personally, assuming the grapes are winter hardy in Chicago.
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Concordia and green seedless. Problem is my Chi-Talia Blanco fig in middle of both grape pots. Think grape roots kill fig roots?

Comment

• rusty hooks
        rusty hooks commented
        Editing a comment
        It'll be a pretty good fight for the water...both are agressive roots...just don't supply any guns or knives to the plants...they'll work it out....familia

if you want to release them from the pots...split the pots down the sides 4 times...quartered....and remove the pieces of the pot with a long chisel/knife/demo bar, wrecking bar and leave the bottom...the plant will come out the sides nicely.....but the farm is a good idea

Something need to move then. Put the grapes on the farm.
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Maybe Tis be best. But is going to be very hard to move Tis trellis with vines already attach and is anchored in ground. I will look into tis

Comment

Mike,

You are a lean mean posting machine
          Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

That's crazy! I didn't think I talk too much ha!

Comment

Ok thanks you. Tis bad because I live the look of grapes over fig but I not want to kill each other.

Comment

Well happy thousand post day Mike! I know I'm late but better late than ever!

Comment

Working...
                X