X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: vegetable season

Good harvest tonight.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
    SE PA
    Zone 6

Very nice Kelby. I've fallen off the vegetable garden this year, I need to go and harvest in the worst way.
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Those are two incredible Deanna figs. Alas. Is that cantaloupe or another kind of melon?

Harvesting mainly cucumbers daily here.
      Tony WV 6b
      https://mountainfigs.net/

Comment

• Kelby
        Kelby commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha, Minnesota Midget melons. First time growing melons.

• mountainfigs
        mountainfigs commented
        Editing a comment
        Hadn't heard of those. Will look to plant them next year.

I harvested my garlic last week and it's now drying in the basement giving it a wonderful aroma, kind of like garlic bread.

My cukes, tomatoes and peppers are just starting to come in.

Summer squash/zucchini is still a few weeks off but there's tons of small ones.

Pole beans aren't doing well this year. I might try a quick crop of bush beans to make up for their lack of vigor.

I had my first two figs of the year (Desert King breba) but they weren't great. Still figuring out when to harvest different varieties.
      Last edited by fitzski; 07-28-2015, 09:05 PM.
      Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

Very nice, indeed.

My spring garden is gone for this year except for a handful of tomatoes and some okra. Fig trees will be replacing tomatoes in the large nursery pots.
        Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

I am keeping my chickens in the garden this year so I just have a few containers of tomatoes and stuff. I picked some peppers and tomatoes today. Also some apples
          Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana
          Buffalo WV Z6

Comment

Working...
          X