X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #2 Tiger Panache air layer!

Tis more root and much bigger than first but to my friends wanting to see how is look I sever now. I may have to go Italia in ciue day for few weeks so I sever now to shown you! Remember Cugino WillsC is teach me patients. I would of left on maybe 2 more week but I can't chance. Wait for you see no soil... Rock hard.... IF you want no lose leaf or fruits. I will remove most bottom leaf because the root not as I describe. You can do Tis if you have patients!
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 10 photos.
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy ๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿผ.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Well now, that is some of the best roots i'v seen on an air layer. This air layer thing seems much better way than rooting cuttings.

So i am wondering why you did not go directly in ground instead of pot?

Also, dosen't Willsc prune top to one node about week before taking layer so plant can generate new growth equal to what roots can support?
    Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

• Taverna78
      Taverna78 commented
      Editing a comment
      I no put in ground because is almost August here. Would only have couple month to grow then the freeze moves in. I would rather known I can care for her in the pot and keep her extra sage over Tis winter. In spring she will go in ground for good along with the others.

He may I believe Tis is done because you just balance root to tree and leaf. What I will do is remove most larger leafs and wait. If some start to wilt I will remove more but being the size of root ball she should be fine just remove few leaf.

Very impressive. Looks great Mike!
    Randall - Gulf Breeze, FL. zone 8b. Wish list: Anything that "newnandawg" - Mike, ranks as an 8 out 10 or higher.

Comment

Sรฌ but must have good tree growing and tree must be awake. No dormant. Grazie bolt! โšก๏ธ

Comment

Grazie Amico!

Comment

Looking good my friend, just like you said.

I hope all is ok in Italy!
          Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

โ€œThough the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.โ€ โ€“ Bill Mollison

Comment

Is dolce vita... Only sometime๐Ÿ˜‰ we speak soon my friend

Comment

• COGardener
              COGardener commented
              Editing a comment
              Indeed it is.

Looks great Mike - when was that airlayer started?
            Ed
            SW PA zone 6a

Comment

Grazie Ed ! Was just about one month give or take

Comment

• eboone
                eboone commented
                Editing a comment
                I have two that are just over 6 weeks on the trees, some roots evident thru a 'window' in the covering. Was going to leave them on another 2 weeks, since I'm not sure my thumb is as green as yours, Mike

How did you prepare the wood,soil,cover?

Comment

Ah! Ok is great way to do it... Depending on tree size I so far have only use plastic bag,open both end with razor. "Before I say I never use electric tape again but I used less then I did last time and came perfect off ) so I slide bag over leaf do desired layer area and tape the bottom tightly around the tree. I spray a few sprays of fresh water in bag and then fill bag with moist soil or whatever you like. Then I squeeze tight and get all air out and tape top then wrap in tin foil. Tis way is air tight. Moist and if I need to check I just unwrap foil back and just close up Again. I also make small wound in bark and add cloneX to help process. So far I 10 for 10.

Comment

• SalNick
                SalNick commented
                Editing a comment
                What type bags do you use? You use black electric tape on each end? Thx
                Sal
            Working...
            X