X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSU Purple 2015!

First LSU Purple from this potted baby and it was as great as expected! Very small eye unaffected by rain but takes a beating by the direct GA sun so I have to move to partial sun spot! Excellent complex honey flavor with a nice crunchy skin! 8 out of 10!
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Waiting on a few of those myself...any idea when the figlets started forming on your plant? Thanks for sharing.
    Jesse in western Maine, zone 4/5
    Wishlist- earliest maincrop varieties

Comment

• Chrisk
      Chrisk commented
      Editing a comment
      They started showing up from med to late April. It took a little over 100 days to ripen here in GA . I would assume that yours are a couple of weeks behind due to your zone and unless you have a greenhouse you should start seeing ripe figs by late August .

• zone5figger
      zone5figger commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine came on in mid-July....Wish my trees were only a couple weeks,not months behind yours, Chris! I will need to put my tree next to the woodstove in October to get mine ripe-lol!! No greenhouse yet.....

I won't have any this year, BUT the LSU Purple cutting is one of the more vigorous both in root formation and top growth. Looking forward to next year!
    Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

Good review! Lsu purple doesn't disappoint, my tree has been in ground for 3 or 4 season now and this season the figs were really good, after next year the should be at their best.
      Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

Ooops! Sorry...my mistake. My LSU Purple cutting is showing some growth, but it's the LSU Scott's Black that is going gangbusters.
        Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

• Fruitaddict
          Fruitaddict commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree Bryant, my LSU Scott's Black is playing no games. I bought it from PFTP as a 1 gallon back in early June, it arrived around 10 to 12" tall, about the same size as all the cuttings I started the end of April. Now its over 3 feet in a 3 gallon container, and ready for the 7 gallon pot. Has a few baby figs just starting to pop as well. White Marseille is a close second for vigor, and but has close to a dozen babies starting to show. Good luck with your LSUs

• DBJohnson
          DBJohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Looking forward to see what these do next year.

And two more for breakfast this morning along with two Hardy Chicago.
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
        X