X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attilio Green 2015 Main

This is a second year tree that was placed in ground in April 2015. It receives about
    5 hours of sun per day and it is responding well.

This fig is ugly but not as ugly as Smith. It was moderately sweet but the flavor was
    lacking. I am sure that is due to the age of this tree and possibly the amount of
    sunlight. I can see it has a good amount of potential so we will have to wait and see.
    I gave it a 6.5 on a 1-10.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4513.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	32505

Name:	IMG_4514.JPG
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	32506

Name:	IMG_4517.JPG
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	32507
    newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Looks Jammy. Love the color.
    Mine refused to fruit again this year.
    Mike, you sure know how to get results, and your (and Art's) lists and ratings are the best.

Comment

Mike a fig that ripens in 5 hrs sun is highly unusual, wouldn't you agree? Herman's list of low-sun ripeners includes RdB, Malta Black and Improved Celeste. Can we add Attilio Green to that list?
      Rafael
      Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

Rui, thanks to you it is jammy. It is one of the varieties that I will either take an airlayer for
        a second tree or move this one. With the results getting only five hours of sun it is sure
        to improve with improved conditions. I have another at my friends house about 20 miles
        away in full sun. We will compare later. Also, I believe the Attilio Purple will be a winner also.

Rafael, I am not so sure about being unusual. I have 18 varieties in this area. Of those
        at least 10 will have ripened fruit the second year. Hermans list would not be the same
        as my least due to the amount of heat and the extended number of days I will have
        as compared to Hermans area.
        newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Mike, no need to airlayer. I have a couple of extra rooted plants, I will send you one or two with this year's shipment. It's an honor to have your efforts in trialing some found varieties.

Comment

Working...
          X