X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last nights' dessert!

This is what dessert looked last night at the K home.
    It was a very serious situation since I, Mrs K and little miss Gabs K had to rate those three fig varieties.
    One Peters honey perfectly ripe and with a drop of honey coming off the eye
    Two Chicago Hardy and an LSU Purple. All coming from potted trees on our front porch that get at least eight hours of full head on GA sun.
    The results are on this order: CH , PH and LSU Purple.
    Mrs K gave a 9, 8 and 7
    Miss G gave a 8,9 and 7
    ChrisK gave a 9,9 and 8
    And the winner is, drumroll please.......... US.
    The biggest welcome surprise for me this year is the CH. it is just an exceptional and excellent tasting fig! Thanks for reading.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 7 photos.

Beautiful presentation, Chris! We sit and share a plate similarly. My 4 & 6 year old LOVE figs. The demand definitely doesn't match the supply, but September is a rewarding month where I can pick a handful of figs nearly every day.
    Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

• Chrisk
      Chrisk commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Frank. I cut them small to make them look more than they are and last a few seconds longer with no success . That plate was whiped clean in no time. Like you said we still have a couple of months to look forward to.

Nice Chris, mine never make it that far
    Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Very nice Chris.
      newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Looking good Chris. Nice pictures and ratings.
        Art
        Western Pa -6a

Comment

Looks great, I can't wait for the main crop here. I see some of mine starting to show the tell-tale signs of upcoming swelling stage.
          Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
          Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

Comment

Oh Yum. Had to get the windex again to clean comp screen. One day......I too will have a fig. Maybe Hopefully

Comment

• Chrisk
              Chrisk commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol Joyce not the screen!! Can someone please get the girl a fig....
          Working...
          X