X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diverticulitis anyone?

Ciao my friends,
    I no post for few days now because Thursday morning I come down to my knees in so much pain I needed ambulance to pick me up off the street on my job to hospital. I have been here since Thursday morning and is now Sunday morning with no food , drink or smoke. Just ice chip. They say I have diverticulitis with erupted absces. They say because I too young they will not do surgery so I must wait for antibodiodics to work and fix problem. I have great year so far huh? Do anyone have Tis diverticulitis and still eat fig?? I am told nothing with seed

Ciao
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy ๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿผ.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

You are having a crummy year. Sorry you're going through this now.
    Our gut is the first to warn us of an imbalance, and those who learn to listen to it carefully live the longest.
    I'm confident you'll be up and about in no time, and when it comes time, just listen to your body when you eat figs.
    I don't think fig seeds will have much of an impact like poppy or sesame would, but if they do, I have Marylane Seedless for you. All jam, no crunch, no husks, and produces two crops for me in Zone 6B (potted).
    Be well soon.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about this Mike.. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery. I will say a pray for you..!!
      Kentucky Zone 6b

Comment

I'm glad to see are feeling good enough to start a thread Mike. I'm sure you will still be able to eat figs even if you scoop out the seeds. You're tough, you will kick the crap out this!!!! Again, I know I can't do much from Colorado but if there is anything I can do please let me know.

I hope someone is taking care of your figs and farm while you recovering.
        Last edited by COGardener; 08-02-2015, 12:20 PM.
        Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

โ€œThough the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.โ€ โ€“ Bill Mollison

Comment

Sorry to hear this Mike. My Grand Mother had this and did very well by just not eating a few things that bothered her. Get well soon and take care of yourself.
          Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Mike feel better.
            Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

I was thinking Friday when there was no posts from you that maybe you were at the farm for the weekend installing a watering system for your in ground fig trees.

Sorry you can't eat figs. Tell you what when you need to peel off some of your fig trees (i-258) I'll send you my address. Hahaha just kidding.

Get well soon.
              Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

• Taverna78
                Taverna78 commented
                Editing a comment
                Trust me amico. Unless is proven fact that my problems are directly from fig I not dispose any I work too had for them. I even have papa drive 45 min one way to water them all for me. But he enjoy it he is ask me all time if he can go water. Now he can all he want!

Grazie tho!

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you are feeling better. I hear it is very painful.

There seem to be conflicting ideas about seeds according to the mayo clinic website.

"there is no scientific evidence that seeds and nuts cause diverticulitis flares.

In fact, eating a high-fiber diet โ€” which may include nuts and seeds โ€” might reduce your risk"

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...t/faq-20058333

I would be cautious though with whatever you decide to do.
              Don - OH Zone 5b/6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Craven's Craving, Izmir/Iznot, Calderona, Campaniere, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Izbat an Naj, Blava Campenera, Makedonia Dark, Souadi, LSU Jack Lily, Violet Sepor

Comment

Get better Mike.
                Art
                Western Pa -6a

Comment

Good to hear from you again Fratello. Get well soon and with no more pain.

Comment

Sorry to hear, that is not a fun way to spend any of your time. Get better and take figs like Rui said, see what bothers you, but heal up first.
                    Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
                    Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

Comment

Michele please get better.
                      Rafael
                      Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

get well soon, Mike.
                        Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

Get well soon.
                          Zone 6a Orange County NY

Comment

Grazie my Famiglia. I post between drugs and naps. wife tell me I say there was big bird on the lamp in bedroom ahah! Good drug!! Bad pain. I will be okay! Soon I hope. So before nap or drug kick in I make joke post!

Comment

My hospital main 2015
                              Photo
                              1 my digital sip
                              2 first rare fig. Very belle color depending what you look at thru it
                              3 cut in half you clearly see it resembles a brown turkey but judging by the stripes inside could be a new varitie from Mt Christ hospital in oak lawn il. Lol and finally
                              Photo 4
                              My grow house office. Ahahaha! I'm so hungry I could just taste the best fig In Tis ice!
                              Grazie for all you kind words. I hope to eat fig noatrer what!!!
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

I'm glad your in good spirits Mike. ... or is it the drugs?!??!!!??!
                                Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

โ€œThough the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.โ€ โ€“ Bill Mollison

Comment

Both! I sleep now๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด

Comment

Hello Mike.
                                    I'm so sorry you got that, my wife had it and it's not a picnic.
                                    When my wife had it, the pain was so bad that she packed a bag and went to the hospital, she was there for five days, she hasn't had it since, that was about thirteen years ago.
                                    I hope you get well soon my friend.
                                    We're praying for you.
                                    โ€‹Vito

Comment

Get well soon
                                      Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

When there was no post from you I thought you went on vacation! Get well, Mike!
                                        Dave- Waterford, Ct. Zone 6a

Comment

Mike, the idea of not eating seeds and nuts from diverticulitis is outdated and discredited. It used to be considered 'the gospel' for treating diverticular disease. All of the current medical information and research shows that seeds and nuts do NOT cause diverticulitis.
                                          Enjoy your figs!
                                          And hoping you get better very soon.
                                          Ed
                                          SW PA zone 6a

Comment

Mike,

Take it easy and heal, my friend. I'm sure your doctor is giving you and your wife all the necessary information about living with diverticulitis. A member of my household has diverticulitis and warns that figs can definitely aggravate the situation (at least for her). She still eats figs, but in moderation and is very careful of what varieties (no capri figs at all).

Wishes for your health and a speedy recovery!
                                            Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

Enjoy the drugs and the attention, Mike. You will be up and around soon. Even if figs did cause diverticulosis, I don't think that would stop either of us from indulging.
                                              Frank Tallahasee 8B
                                              North Florida Figs

Comment

I'm a little late my friend, but sleep well tonight while I pray for your healing.
                                                "gene"
                                                Zone 9 Houma LA in the bayou land.

Comment

Working...
                                                X