X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: well wishes for california

Special thoughts and well wishes for our brothers and sisters living in California. Quakes, mudslides, droughts, fires, boy you all are sure a resilant bunch. Stay safe and God bless.
    Dave- Waterford, Ct. Zone 6a

They do have their challenges out there.
    Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

Thanks for your well wishes. Perhaps the worst thing about living in California is all the nurseries and eBay sellers who won't ship their plants here. Quakes are over quick enough. Droughts are on again, off again in five to ten year cycles. One can choose not to live in fire and mud slide areas. We haven't had a riot here for a number of years. But no shipping to California? Well, thank you to all the growers who do ship to us now. It's getting better.
      Mara, Southern California,
      Climate Zone: 1990=9b 2012= 10a 2020=?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveL View Post
        Special thoughts and well wishes for our brothers and sisters living in California. Quakes, mudslides, droughts, fires, boy you all are sure a resilant bunch. Stay safe and God bless.
        Years ago, Fritz Coleman, iconic Los Angeles weatherman referred to California as The Acts of God Theme Park. It's true, lol.

But I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. A bit of rain would be nice however.
        SoCal, zone 10.
        www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

It's not too bad, the place wouldn't be so crowded otherwise
          And yes, some rain would help for sure.
          USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Comment

Yes, natural disasters happen, but despite its problems California is still pretty nice, at least I enjoy living in the middle of it. It also helps that not all nurseries and independent sellers shun us. Frankly I'd be more worried about the natural disasters that occur on the southeast part of the country. I've heard that people on the east coast are scared of our earthquakes, and people on the west coast are scared by the tornadoes/tsunamis/etc. on the east coast! In recent decades, the latter have probably been the more devastating of the two.

I agree that some rain would help but realistically, we need more than one rainy season to fix this drought. It didn't happen in one year and it won't be fixed by one wet season. A few magically appearing lakes and reservoirs would be better.
            Sarah
            Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

I can put up with the earthquakes, floods, fires, and population....but not being able to participate in alot of activities which require shipping figs to California is a curse. I'm sure I'm not alone from the responses so far. owning a small nursery...just makes things worse....they scrutinize every package/thick envelope as if it were....something "special".
              Ross B. Santa Rosa Calif zone 9b, wish list: CdD Blanc, Igo, Palmata, Sucrette, Morroco, Galicia Negra

Comment

everybody we are flooding here in the Tampa area. People getting evacuated from their homes Water standing everywhere streets flooded a happy medium thru the US would be helpful. Citrus everywhere and no plants shipped out of state. Go figure.

Comment

Great place to visit(since I'm in California this week) lots of sun today
                  Shailesh, Pennsylvania, ZONE 6B

Comment

Working...
                  X