X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longue D'Aout

LdA is one of those figs that hadn't been one of my favorites the past few years. I thought it was just OK. Well this year my main crop are a little off color. I think it's due to the dry weather we've had the last couple of weeks and not fertilizing like I should. I picked my first LdA of the year a couple days ago and it had dehydrated on the tree. It was one of my favorites of they year. These three were picked tonight and were the best of the night. Compared to RdB and VS.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Art
    Western Pa -6a

They look very rich. I should have a nice crop of LdA this year. Such a nice large fig!
    Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

• kubota1
      kubota1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, it is a very rich fig. Just don't pick them early. The ones that I picked this year weren't real juicy. I think that's why my wife and I like them so much this year.

Art, very nice. Do you have Nordland? If so, how do you compare them? Have had several of these but they were spoiled. More ripening now so I should get to compare the two. The fruits are not identical on my two trees.
    newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

• kubota1
      kubota1 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I don't have Nordland. Which do you like better?

I should know in the next couple of days and will comment in my post on Lounge D'Aout.
    newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

They look delicious! I wish mine were farther along, they're not even at the stagnant stage. Hopefully I get to taste them before hunting season.
      Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
      Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

Comment

• kubota1
        kubota1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Figs and Elk or Whitetail. That's a good combo.

Looks good, hopefully mine overwinters well and fruits next year!
      https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
      SE PA
      Zone 6

Comment

Working...
      X