X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSU IMPROVE CELEST

wow small to medium fig ,but big in taste
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Waiting on a few of these myself....any idea how long those took to develop, ripen?
    thanks for sharing!
    Jesse in western Maine, zone 4/5
    Wishlist- earliest maincrop varieties

Comment

• AscPete
      AscPete commented
      Editing a comment
      In past seasons my LSU Improved Celeste PP ripened figs ~ 70 days after they were rice sized embryos with average daily temperatures of ~ 60-65 Deg F. With warmer average daily temperatures they should ripen sooner.

not long ,but didnt keep track ,very sweet ,got the tree from JF&E waiting for about 20 to ripen in the next couple days

tree worth having ..I am also air layering it .. hope to see roots soon

Comment

I pulled an airlayer off my 3-4 yr old IC last week, and the developing figs have that same long neck, stem that yours display. This is certainly one worth having in short season locales- it will really prove itself by ripening the fruit before my first frost, because it didn't see the sun before June!
      Jesse in western Maine, zone 4/5
      Wishlist- earliest maincrop varieties

Comment

Jesse your looking for fig that rippens early ,i have a tree that was my dads when he was here .
        i take care of it now .i ask for id help on other site and the ower jon said he thiks it a Marseille.
        they were ripe bout a month ago .. i will have 100 or so cutting come this fall .. you are welcome to some at no charge ,great tasting fig very sweet sweeter than celest .. just contact me in NOV.
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• zone5figger
          zone5figger commented
          Editing a comment
          😊😊😊

• don_sanders
          don_sanders commented
          Editing a comment
          Really? A month ago? That's impressive. Was it the main crop or breba?

I am pleased with mine, it is ripening continually for about 3 weeks now.
        Rafael
        Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

Improved Celeste is like a fountain of figs. And the figs are sizable and potent, even as far as figs go. Sweet sweet. And the leaves are great. They can have a very healthy single-lobed Black Madeira look. The fruit even develops a wonderful bell-like shape as it ripens, though the color can sometimes leave something to be desired.
          Tony WV 6b
          https://mountainfigs.net/

Comment

Thanks for sharing your photo and info.
            Its one of my earliest and most consistent producers.
            Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

Working...
            X