X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meatburner
    replied
    Thanks Bob. Here is a pic of two ripening. My question is should they have been soft and not firm 3 weeks ago during the really hot humid conditions. These have turned and starting to droop so are getting ripe. I was concerned that by turning soft weeks ago while green wasn't a good sign. I am new, so just don't know what to expect. Thanks Bob.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Harborseal
    replied
    If they're swelling, drooping and turning color they're starting to ripen. Hopefully they'll be great. You'll want to protect them from critters and wait until they're hanging totally limp before picking them. A photo will help confirm what I'm thinking.

Leave a comment:

• meatburner
    started a topic Soft figs while green question

Soft figs while green question

The really hot and humid weather the last month has been a real stress. My HC figs turned a little soft during that time while fully green, but are now starting to change to a dark color and droop a little. Do you think the figs will still be good. I planted it last spring when it was around 18" tall in a pot that is approximately 10 gals. It is around 3 1/2' tall now. I have never had a fresh fig and hoping they have not been ruined. Thanks for all you help and advise.
Working...
X