X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galicia Negra Fruits

I only had 1 fruit last year and I almost picked it one day but decided to give it another day or two. The next day it was completely gone, taken by some bird.

I picked my first two fruits on Monday and another on Thursday and have a few more that are close. The fruits are small to medium in size but outstanding quality. My tree is over 6' tall and I'm a little disappointed that it isn't more productive yet but am sure pleased with the quality. It also shows FMV but that hasn't reduced vigor from what I can tell. Don't know if I've seen any other figs with such a dark interior.

I was out of the country for 10 and came home Sunday to lots of ripe figs. In most cases I don't find that much need to discuss my figs, etc. but I do like sharing photos. For now, I've decided I'm going to primarily post photos on my own Facebook page as that's easiest for me. Easy is important....I've got lots of fruits to pick and photograph. I'll still post photos here for something to discuss or something I think is significant. My Facebook page can be found at www.facebook.com/Figaholics
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Harvey,

Mine has a few fruit on it and looking forward to trying it. I know what you mean about the critters taking the fruit. Was looking forward to my Sangue Doce, according to Dom it is the best fig he has ever had and he has a BIG collection. Decided to give it one more day and.......gone There are more but back to waiting.
    Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

• HarveyC
      HarveyC commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm seriously considering netting the entire orchard. Need to find a local source for some scrap pipe to use for support poles.

I've enjoyed your latest posts on fb Harvey. Great documentation.
    Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

Great job Rat killer! Now I known two people to taste fruit on earth!

Welcome home
      Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
      1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
      2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Harvey for square tubing try a tractor dealer like Kubota. As long as you can weld you can get quite a bit of it for free and make it into whatever you want.
        Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

• HarveyC
          HarveyC commented
          Editing a comment
          Great idea, never thought of that. I'm good friends with a pretty large Kubota dealer located 2 miles away. I think they've sold the crates to the local scrap place but I know iron prices are down so I'll check it out right away as they're assembling a lot of tractors now in preparation for wine grape harvest.

Thank you for your post, pictures and the comment that the fruit was excellent tasting. I've been watching the sales on eBay and only one or two people have commented on its taste. I've been curious to hear if it tastes as good as it looks.
        Mara, Southern California,
        Climate Zone: 1990=9b 2012= 10a 2020=?

Comment

Thanks for the photo

Comment

Picked 3 fruits of varying degree of ripeness today. All were excellent. I think this is 6 fruits for me so far from my tree and there are still some more but not a lot.

Comment

Okay, I went back out and looked and maybe there are 10 fruits still on the tree with two of them already being close to ripe. Tree is pretty large, over 6' tall. There is moderate FMV evident in the tree but that doesn't really seem to be much of a factor. I pruned quite a few cuttings off of this tree this past winter so most of what you see in this photo is new growth. I'm guessing once I prune it less it might become more productive.

Comment

Here is a chance to get one of these.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...negra&_sacat=0
                Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

I got my tree from figrific on Ebay. I don't know who this person is. I only hope the tree I got from him is the real deal. He does seem like a very nice person.
                  Proudly Serving in the United States Armed Forces, 2009-2017
                  Everyone should have a green thumb

Comment

• HarveyC
                    HarveyC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    From what I understand, that's a good seller. Hershell has given a good report.
                Working...
                X