X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian 258

I purchased cuttings from Vasile/Herman last year and started them rooting on November 3rd. Two of them grew very well and one is planted in the ground while another is in a 15 gallon pot as a back-up or until I decide to remove something else. Today I picked my first fruit from the in-ground tree and it was a whopper. Even though I only brought a dozen or so caprifigs into my orchard and it was somewhat late when I did so, I suspect most of my figs are caprified. This is a bit surprising since previously my Marabout c. Smyrna dropped all of its figs unless I brought the profichi to it. My Italian 258 fruit weighed in at 109 grams and taste was outstanding. I don't think it was quite as rich as Black Madeira or Galicia Negra but very close and it was huge and juicy. I'll post a photo later after I process my photos.

Does anybody have enough history with this variety to say about what the average fruit weight might be?
    My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

This large fruit was split pretty badly at the eye but had zero spoilage. Splitting is sometimes a side-effect of caprification.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Belle Harvey ! Is wonderful. Split look like stingray or butterfly!
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
      Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
      1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
      2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Originally posted by Taverna78 View Post
        Belle Harvey ! Is wonderful. Split look like stingray or butterfly!
        It also looked like some eyes were looking at me when I cut it open! The drops of honey sealed it up well, preventing spoilage.
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Did you watch movie member post about "Queen of trees Africa"? I was amaze and wonder with a strong scope if I can see wasp carcus inside

Comment

• HarveyC
            HarveyC commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe, I don't remember. I think the poor wasp is decomposed and essentially a fertilizer for the fig.

Ouuuuu

Comment

Working...
          X