X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HarveyC’s Beautiful Pictures

I hope everyone checks out Harvey’s recent Facebook posts at: https://www.facebook.com/Figaholics. I spent all evening yesterday feasting on the gorgeous new pictures, comments and honest tasting reports. He’s posted some of them here on this forum, but there are so many more on his Facebook page. A number of figs I’ve never heard mentioned anywhere. There were some surprises. I especially enjoyed his taste comments. There were so many I needed my browser search function to appreciate them all.
    He described as outstanding: Black Madeira, Emalyn’s Purple, Galicia Negra, and Italian 258.
    Excellent were Violette de Bordeaux, Ronde de Bordeaux, Bourjassotte Grise, and Socorro Black.
    Very good tasting were: Black Mission, Sal's Corleone, Falls Gold, Belleclare strain of Vasilika Sika, Navid's Unkown Dark Greek, Zidi, and Khurtmani (Red Israel).
    My browser search says the word “good” was used 43 times.
    Thanks Harvey for all your hard work there.
    Mara, Southern California,
    Climate Zone: 1990=9b 2012= 10a 2020=?

Wow, thanks for summarizing my comments for me. It's all a blur in my mind right now, LOL.
    My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

Yes, I looked through them and will many more times I'm sure. That was great Harvey, I really enjoyed them.
      Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Amazing amount of work Harvey.....A M A Z I N G.......

I'm going to have to make the drive over one of these days
        Ross B. Santa Rosa Calif zone 9b, wish list: CdD Blanc, Igo, Palmata, Sucrette, Morroco, Galicia Negra

Comment

Very nice Harvey, thank you. mgg

Comment

Harvey
            Your photos and descriptions are truly outstanding. I loved looking through the photos and when I saw The Dominick included it really got to me. Thanks for growing him and including him in your collection. Means a lot to me

Comment

• HarveyC
              HarveyC commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks so much for sharing this story and fig with us, proud to have the chance to grow it and be a part of the history.

Harvey! Thank you for taking the time to document all those gorgeous figs you are growing! My list of "must have figs" is getting longer!
            Adam Vista, CA 9b

Comment

Working...
            X