X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celeste HD 2015 main.

This tree was bought as a Brown Turkey from The Home Depot and put in ground five springs ago along with its twin. It has to be at least seven leaves old. It withstood a couple of bad bad winters without protection and minimum to no die back. Last year it was IDed as a Celeste by quite a few forum members so I go along with that. The big fact is that even when picked a couple of days too soon for obvious reasons these figs do not fail to put a smile on our faces! They are finally starting to get ripe and I promise I will try to let a couple stay on the tree a bit longer to ripen properly. Very good flavor ,edible delicious skin and may be a bit too sweet for some. We give it a conservative 8 out of 10!
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Thanks for sharing the photos and info.
    Celeste is also one of my favorites and most reliable producers.
    They always remind me of Dates, they're almost too sweet with a similar skin texture...
    Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

• Chrisk
      Chrisk commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Pete. Right on with the description !

Those look yummy. This is my first year doing figs, so maybe next year my Lowe's Celeste will reward me with some figs like yours.
    Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

As I promised and although very difficult to follow through,a properly ripened Celeste. Very sweet and good tasting fig with its own distinct and unmistakable flavor ,one of our favorite figs.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

I'm just weeks out from trying my first Celestes.

Thanks for posting Chris, you're making anxious.
        Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• Chrisk
          Chrisk commented
          Editing a comment
          You're very welcome Scott. Well worth the wait.

Thanks for the Celeste pics and review. I had been holding off from growing this one, now I realize my mistake. Time to find some cuttings!
        Andre
        Western Orange County, FL

Comment

Working...
        X